benefit mess.

Options
ok think will be long winded so grab yourself a cuppa, go to the loo, sit back and try and stay with me :p.

7 june 2009, claimed esa- was not entitled

claim was passed onto IB- not entitled due to no contributions in 2000-2001 (was still at school in 2000)

IS found a linking 2 year rule. was mucked around for 4 months, then had payments all over place then they claimed to have sent ib50 so was stopped then reinstated on reciept of the 3rd ib50 sent to me!

feb this year had no payment form IS, on calling them was told it was due to a tax review and was discovered to be on the incorrect benefit of IS and infact should of been on IB, 4 months later finally got IB with partner edition.

i get a letter from HB and CTB saying was going to stop. as expected.

the correspondence i have from IB have completeley wrong figures on so i have no proof of actual IB entitlement.

called HB and CTB and explained situation, i have to provide stament with income and covering letter of explanation of why i havent got any pfroof of benefits so they can access their DWP portal, was also told that if i was on IS and IB was back dated i could end up with a hefty overpayment of HB and CTB as it may have been payed at the incorrect amount. thats all i need is more debt!

i also made a claim to DLA back in december 09, had a few miss haps with that also, but long story short it was refused after a reconsideration request.

there is a huge list of what they reckon i can do that i simply cant, and contradict what i have put in my claim pack and my medical reports.

i submitted 2 medical reports 1.atos medical report from IB that went in my favour and a consultants report that went in my favour, i had the atos medical home visit (that was carried by the same atos doctor that examined me for my IB and found me unfit to work and classed me as exempt from another IB atos assessment).

i now have to appeal, via gl24.

trouble is allot has changed to both my conditions since december 09 when i filled in the pack with a benefits expert, and since the atos medical. my medication are stronger, my care needs are greater, and mobility needs have risen, i'm also under a pshyciatric consultant now for my mental health as my mental state has got worse and my GP has said that he has given a supportive report towards the DLA. with new meds comes new and more side effects that im not coping well with.

if i get lumber'd with a huge bill of overpaid CTB and HB can i appeal it as i wasnt my fault i was put on the wrong benefits in the first place as the DWP failed to check status of contributions properly i submitted all relevant documentation and more including P45 and P60 when i applied.

i have been told that a DM can only go by what was in the pack i submitted in december allong with my evidence, and submitting anything after this is pointless as they cant take into considderation, but can i submit more evidence for a tribunal for new curcumstances to be considdered? after all it shows that i am not a liar like theyre making out in the letter of refusal and all relevant info is documented in my medical file at GP surgery.
for god sake i even had an anxiety attack on the phone to the DM that overseen my case before the fisrt refusal and they say in the form i dont suffer from any mental health problems like anxiety redepression etc but my repeat prescription i provided clearly has my anti depressants on it! be it im on another stronger type now.

atm i feel like the earth is opening and its going to swallow me whole, i really cant cope mentally with the added pressure of a tribunal every department is against me they think i'm im a liar they must do.

Comments

• dmg24
    dmg24 Posts: 33,925 Forumite
    Options
    You can submit new evidence, but it needs to relate to the state of your health in December. Having said that, the fact that your condition has deteriorated further could be phrased in a way that would reflect what stage you were at in December.

I am not 100% clear on your IB/ HB problem, but if they have made an error you will not be expected to pay it back (though they will ask you to!).
    Gone ... or have I?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport