"GETMEIN!.COM" [TicketMaster] - Taking Money From My Account

Options
Hi All,

I'm in some serious need of some legal advice..

A company [GetMeIn] a UK company who are like a mini-ebay type company for tickets/gigs from Ticketmaster have taken £150 from my account yesterday and now plan to take another £180 from me.

I bought some tickets from TicketMaster a few months back [Oct/Nov] for my Girlfriend, but unfortunetly we couldn't go so i tried using this site [GetMeIn] to sell them. I posted up everything i needed to and placed the tickets [bought for £37x2] at a price of £100 for the pair.

It was getting near Christmas and i needed the money, so i stuck them on Ebay and sold them for the £100 i requested, after this i went back onto the GetMeIn website to remove the details, but could not remember my log-in details; so i used the "reminder email link" which did not work (and still don't work now)

so i could not access my account, now a few weeks ago i got an Email saying to send the tickets, or if i cannot email them.. which i did explaining the situation. They have now taken £150 from my account, and say i owe them another £180 with this breakdown of price:

£375 for replacement tickets - £375? i can still buy the tickets on ebay for £80 for a pair. They are also deciding to charge me £50 for a fee (like it isnt a fee enough) so the £425 take away the inital £100 the guy paid for these tickets mean i owe £330. It's absolutely criminal when i could not get into my account, got no email whatsoever on the sale so i could find replacements for the mistake and have no contact until now a few weeks previous..

so i get in contact with them and basically say tough! here is the inital reply:

Dear Terry,
I believe you have in touch with our disputes team

If you are not able to supply the tickets we can drop your order source replacements on your behalf. Any difference in the cost of these replacement tickets is then chargeable to you as stated in the terms sec 3.1 and 7.1.

When an order is dropped and replacements sourced, sellers are liable for the any additional replacement costs of comparable seats in additional to the £50 dropping fee.

However we do allow the seller to make one offer to the buyer.

Offers can only be made once tickets are in hand and only one month before the event. You have the option to offer the buyer the tickets you have with the discount you are prepared to offer or secure your own replacements.
Please note the buyer can refuse the offer if not as ordered. Please do not dispatch any tickets that are not as ordered.
Please advise if you wish to secure your own replacements before Monday 15th February

I then asked about how much it would cost for them to find the tickets, of which she just replied "do you have the tickets or not" and i asked again and she replied the same, so i said i didnt have the tickets and now this is where im at - £330

i have closed my card and requested a new one so they cant take the further £180 from me the robbing !!!!ers.

----
Please somebody help me :mad::(:(:(:(
Joined Ipsos 26/02/2014 - 675 points
Joined Swag 01/03/2014 - £40 paypal

Comments

• fader
    fader Posts: 70 Forumite
    Options
    Here is the T+Cs mentioned:

3 LISTING PROCESS
    3.1 Listing Tickets as a Selling Member. Approved Selling Members of GET ME IN! may list tickets for sale on the Website. As part of the listing process, the Selling Member must assign a price to the tickets and provide information such as the event, date, section,, and row. Further instructions and requirements on listing items can be found once logged in on the Website. By placing a ticket for sale on the Website you are offering to sell that particular ticket to a Buyer for the price assigned to it by you. If Buyer accepts the offer for sale of that ticket, you are contractually bound to supply that ticket to them.

7 PENALTIES
    7.1 Replacement Fees. You will be charged a replacement fee by GET ME IN! if a Buyer accepts your offer for sale and those exact tickets are not available or are not delivered to the Buyer. The replacement fee will depend on how much it costs us to purchase comparable or better replacement tickets for the Buyer and can be significantly higher than your original listing price.
    Joined Ipsos 26/02/2014 - 675 points
    Joined Swag 01/03/2014 - £40 paypal
  • Chambece
    Chambece Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 10 February 2010 at 5:55PM
    Options
    Hi, I was going to post on your other thread later, but you seem to be looking for an answer quickly!

Let me say I have been in a similar situation to with wanting to get rid of tickets for gigs that I have been unable to attend, and really hate all this legalised secondary ticket market so sympathise for your current predicament.

I have no legal background, so all this is imo, and might be wrong...

Unfortuanately, I think the only way you can get 'out' of this is if you can get the tickets from another source and supply and let them know by the 15th.

Their terms seem fairly watertight, even as far as covering them to say that they do not have to inform you that they have a buyer, and if you can't supply them, they will at a cost significantly higher. If you were able to supply, this would not be a problem, which is why I thnk the person you spoke to would have been so keen to know if you had the tickets.

The only angle you might have is if you can *prove* you tried to reset your password or contacted them previously to remove the sale, but again, the T&Cs have pretty much got it covered, and you do not seem to have made note of any effort to contact them other than to reset your password which failed.

Sorry, I know this is not what you want to hear, but I think you may be struggling to get any sort of resolution that will be satisfactory to you.

Again, just gives me another reason to hate this whole industry :mad:

On their side though, I can see now why they would offer their guarantee, which is desireable as a buyer, however, in order to give that, they just stuff the sellers! I can see nothing about charging to post on there, so their only source of income would be these charges, and they certainly milk them! :mad: again

{Edit} I admit I am slightly surprised they took the money out already, as I assume the gig has not passed yet, but, I suppose they are just doing what was agreed as you said you were not able to supply, and as such you have already 'agreed' to them finding £375 replacements......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure