Whyte & Co. Bailiffs - Have you been caught out?

Options
Have you been caught out by Whyte & Co.'s "accidental" charges for vans and levies?

My friend was to the tune of £600 but luckily he realised before the final payments were due and now they owe him £70.

If you are currently making repayments phone them and ask for all the charges applied to your account. You could be in for a shock!

If you have finished repayments still ask them for the charges applied to your account.

If you know that they added extra charges please could you Private Message me as I am making a case to Lewisham Council thay they should be removed immediately.

Many thanks and don't be scared of them - never let them enter your property - never believe their lies as the law is the law not them!

Comments

• slre1
    Options
    Please let me know if you have been subject to illegal charges from this company, even if you do not live in Lewisham.
  • terryphillips63
    Options
    i have three stories relating to our friends whyte & co each time it involves the same Bailiff.

Here goes............. On the 27th march 2011 i recieved a letter from Whyte & co staing i had a parking fine outstanding with the london borough of newham for the amount of £147.44 for which i had no prior knowledge.
    By the way this letter was dated 21st March 2011 giving 7 days to pay.
    I contacted the borough and made the mistake of not contacting the bailiff company.
    On the 7th April 2011 i was leaving to go to work in my van when i noticed a grey van apear to pull up outside my house, not realising who it was i continued on my way to work.
    Two turnings away from my house i looked in the mirrors and saw the same grey van behind me with head lights on full beam travelling at speed to catch up.
    I turned into another road and found myself behind a borough of newham school bus, the grey van still behind me attempted to over take and cut in between me and the school bus.
    Thinking this was someone trying to take my van or tools i turned off into another turning only to find it was still coming behindme.
    I eneded up loseing the grey van and got to work.
    I recieved a call 10 minutes later from my wife saying there was a bailiff at the door demanding a payment of £279.44 this was for the same case number as the letter i had recieved for £147.44.

The bailiff at the door confirmed to my wife " i have just chased your husband and we know where he is working".

Does this not amount to road rage...... i have E.Mailed the office ie Whyte & Co only to recieve a reply saying they have questioned the bailiff in question and he denies the allegation so that is the end of the matter. It is now my intention to contact ESA which is the association which the are registered to.
  • clever_username
    Options
    slre1 wrote: »
    Please let me know if you have been subject to illegal charges from this company, even if you do not live in Lewisham.
    To what end?
  • Oliver14
    Oliver14 Posts: 5,878 Forumite
    Options
    slre1 wrote: »
    To what end?
    The thread is over a year old so they probably don't care anymore.
    'The More I know about people the Better I like my Dog'
    Samuel Clemens
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family