Help - acquired contract

Options
Hi,
I wonder if anyone could help. I have received a letter from our waste provider who appears to have sold our contract on to PHS Allclear. A couple of years back, our waste provider sold out to PHS Wastetech and I did not like their sharp business practice or extortionate fees! I really do not want to be with PHS Allclear since they are part of the same group and I don't want to get stung again.

Does my waste company have the right to sell my contract on without prior notice or my approval? Can I refuse to go with PHS Allclear (since I have never entered into any contract with this company) and go and find another company? Advice would be most gratefully received. Thank you.

Comments

• ukbill69
    ukbill69 Posts: 2,789 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think your contract ends with the original company you signed up with. No halm in writing them a letter and saying you are ending agreement.
    Kind Regards
    Bill
  • Debt_Free_Chick
    Options
    dizzie wrote: »
    Does my waste company have the right to sell my contract on without prior notice or my approval?

You need to read the contract to see what your rights/options are when the contract is effectively sold-on.
    Can I refuse to go with PHS Allclear (since I have never entered into any contract with this company) and go and find another company? Advice would be most gratefully received. Thank you.

You will probably have to use the termination clause in the contract. You may have to give notice.

You will need to read the contract, I'm afraid
    Warning ..... I'm a peri-menopausal axe-wielding maniac ;)
  • dizzie
    dizzie Posts: 390 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply. I will telephone my original company on Monday. They are still operating as a waste company but have clearly sold some of their contracts on without telling their customers first! I will tell them that I signed a contract with them, not PHS Allclear. If they can not or will not take our contract back from PHS Allclear, then I will terminate it since I am unprepared to accept an alternative service from the PHS group. I will follow this up in writing which I will send by recorded delivery.

We fell victim to extortionate fees when PHS bought out 3B Waste in Leeds in 2007 and the Federation of Small Business were allegedly looking into their sharp business practices...I don't want to go there again!
  • Attero
    Options
    Hi Dizzie,

Have you managed to get out off going with PHS? If not i have been through the terms and conditions of someone esle's in the same position and there is a way.

Maxwell.
  • louise3324
    Options
    I am in exactly same position as Dizzie and would appreciate any advice as to what we can do as having been a previous customer years ago vowed never to be involved with them again only to find ourselves in this position. Our contract was not with them but another company who they have bought .

Many thanks Louise
  • paddyrg
    paddyrg Posts: 13,543 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Louise, what does your original contract for services say? It'll all come down to that. But nobody can force you to use one company over another.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure