Moped Indicators do not Flash

Options
The indicators on my 1982 Yamaha QT50 refuse to flash. They do come on but they stay on and refuse to flash.

Any idea what is wrong and how to fix?

Thanks.

:money::money::money:

Comments

• Markyt
    Markyt Posts: 11,864 Forumite
    Options
    Faulty relay somewhere. Might need to replace the switch.
  • Volcano
    Volcano Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    Are all bulbs illuminated? Blown bulb sometimes has this effect.
    Does it do this with the engine running too? Low battery sometimes means the relay fails to operate.
  • goldspanners
    Options
    sounds like a faulty flasher unit.
    ...work permit granted!
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    As said, if all the bulbs are good it's likely to be the flasher relay. Wouldn't have a clue where they put that on a moped tho':confused:
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • goldspanners
    Options
    As said, if all the bulbs are good it's likely to be the flasher relay. Wouldn't have a clue where they put that on a moped tho':confused:

cant be too hard to find,im guessing it might be under the dash.
    ...work permit granted!
  • cyclonebri1
    cyclonebri1 Posts: 12,827 Forumite
    Options
    cant be too hard to find,im guessing it might be under the dash.

Nah, back of the glovebox ;);)

In all seriousness I'd guess the driest place would be under the seat, unless the rider is inconti............:silenced:, sorry op.
    I like the thanks button, but ,please, an I agree button.

Will the grammar and spelling police respect I do make grammatical errors, and have carp spelling, no need to remind me.;)

Always expect the unexpected:eek:and then you won't be dissapointed
  • goldspanners
    Options
    Nah, back of the glovebox ;);)

In all seriousness I'd guess the driest place would be under the seat, unless the rider is inconti............:silenced:, sorry op.

that goes for nothing, my mate had a honda 50 a few years ago and there was a resistor bolted under the foot plate! of course it rotted away into nothing.
    ...work permit granted!
  • Bob_the_Saver
    Options
    No help at all I know, but here (in France) we've just bought a old Mobylette type moped. No Mot, No number plates, no indicators, no tax disc, no registration documents, just Insurance and a crash helmet of course. No hassle just brilliant.
    If we we're French citizens the DVLA web-site say's we could use it in Britain for up to 6 months, obviously as we're still Gordon's second class UK subjects we can't.
  • Volcano
    Volcano Posts: 1,116 Forumite
    Options
    No help at all I know, but here (in France) we've just bought a old Mobylette type moped. No Mot, No number plates, no indicators, no tax disc, no registration documents, just Insurance and a crash helmet of course.

It's probably slower than my bicycle too, esp downhill. There's quite a few kits available on the net where you can fit a small engine to a bicycle, but of course under UK law this turns it into a high-speed death machine (i.e. moped) and thus MOT, registration, road tax, insurance etc applies. A small engine on a light bike is probably the most efficient use of an internal combustion engine for transport, but the government here won't let you do it unless they take their cut in taxes.

This site sells them: http://www.transformercycles.com/ but I notice you have to scroll to the last 2 sentences to get any mention about how this is illegal for road use unless declared.

I wonder if I could hide the engine in a saddlebag.....:think:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport