discount at euro car parts

Options
Is there anyway to get a discount at ECP? Im buying a reasonable amount at the weekend and wondered if they gave discounts

cheers

Comments

• blue_haddock
    blue_haddock Posts: 12,110 Forumite
    Options
    Ask?

Even before i started to buy parts through work (car factors) i always asked for a discount.

Remember - they can only say no!
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Options
    I use ECP all the time. They seem to make their prices up for me.
  • underlay_guru
    underlay_guru Posts: 1,025 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rather than asking for a discount, politely ask them how much discount they are prepared to offer you.

This 'open-ended question' method puts the ball uncomfortably in their court, and (rather effectively) makes it impossible for them to answer your question with a sharp 'no' ;)
    Profit=sanity
    Turnover=vanity
    Greed=inhumanity:dance:
  • jeannieblue
    jeannieblue Posts: 4,761 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think it all depends on if you are trade, how much you put thru them each month etc. Also if you are trade and deal with another company for parts, then they will (temporarily:D) give a really good discount to lure you away from the other company - then you have to watch in case their prices start to creep up.

We find that their delivery speed lets them down at times plus the parts can be of a quality that is poor - then at other times - the parts come out and they are genuine. Its a bit hit and miss.

Try asking for a rep to call on you - they can work wonders!
    Genie
    Master Technician
  • harveybobbles
    harveybobbles Posts: 8,973 Forumite
    Options
    I bought some Astra wing mirrors from them last year - 10 + vat inc delivery and then I was selling them on ebay for 18.99 lol.

Suspension springs, mirror units seem to be cheaper from them than the other places I use.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure