Can't Register with TalkTalk 'My Account'?

Options
macman
macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
Anyone else having problems registering their TalkTalk a/c? My MIL has a TT phone a/c and I'm trying to set this up so we can manage it online for her.
https://www.talktalk.co.uk/portal/servlet/gben-portal-register-Register
Whenever I input the information and submit it, it tells me that the email address and/or password have not been recognised. This doesn't make sense, as I'm not trying to log in to the acccount at this point, I'm just trying to create a new one.
Another aspect of this that puzzles me is how the security works once you do get it set up. You only have to input the name, postcode, phone number, email address and a password to register it-how does that work, you could register anyone's details as your own?
No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)

Comments

• utilitybroker
    utilitybroker Posts: 2,207 Forumite
    Options
    You could try www.talktalkmembers.com where all their geeks and forum support teams hang out.
  • darren2385
    darren2385 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    Hi macman

I am having the same problem as you - very strange.

I cannot register on the forums for help because I have not yet been given an account number - my telephone line went live yesterday.

I placed an order 3 weeks ago and I haven't had a single letter from talktalk?!!
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    darren2385 wrote: »
    Hi macman

I am having the same problem as you - very strange.

I cannot register on the forums for help because I have not yet been given an account number - my telephone line went live yesterday.

I placed an order 3 weeks ago and I haven't had a single letter from talktalk?!!

Turned out the a/c my MIL has is not TT but Onetel-TT does not recognise Onetel account numbers. Strange how her bills all come with TT letterheads.
    But don't think this is your problem as you will have a TT account number.
    Despite being in the same group, it seems that Onetel systems do not talk toTT systems...
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport