Any feedback on Worldwideflights.com?

Options
I have just received a 'too good to be true' quote from https://www.worldwideflights.com and was wondering if anyone had used them successfully, or otherwise, in the past?

TIA
Ems

Comments

• ems2
    ems2 Posts: 665 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bump - for any views
  • boombap
    boombap Posts: 765 Forumite
    edited 19 May 2009 at 1:49PM
    Options
    Whilst I can't help you in that I have not used them, if you have a quote* from them then you could approach another travel company who are more established and see if they'll match the quote. I know that STA Travel (www.statravel.co.uk) offer this service, as so many others.

HTH

S.

Edit: * by this I mean an email or fax with an actual quote from the company rather than what the search function has come up with. I've just checked them out putting some dates and destinations in which I'm interested in travelling and I agree that it seems quite cheap. I have however just noticed the following info on the site:

"The data displayed in this web site is NOT a display of AVAILABLE flights but is a database of prices and should be used as a means of researching the best fares for a given journey on a date or range of dates. Once a suitable fare has been found, it will be necessary to contact the travel agent to check if seats are available on the date you wish to travel. All airlines sell only a limited number of seats at the lowest fare on each flight. When these have been sold, you may be offered a seat at a higher fare. However, the price will NOT be removed from the fares database as the cheaper seats may still be available on other dates or subsequently become available again due to the airlines releasing more seats at the lowest fares due to fluctuations of supply and demand"

So unless you have an actual quote then it's likely that the flights are unavailable for the prices shown on the search function.

Let me know how you get on though as if the flights are actually available for the prices shown then I'd certainly be interested in using them in the future.

S
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport