Natwest - Interest not paid on Current Account Plus

Options
Has anyone else not had the interest paid on their Natwest Current Account Plus this month?

According to the Guide to Fees and Interest leaflet, section 8 says it should have been paid on 5th of May, but the online banking isn't showing this. I've checked with a friend who also has online banking and the same type of account, and they've also not been paid interest - both accounts are well in credit and would be due interest.

I can't tell if it's the Online banking service that is lagging behind (it seems to have been ridiculously out of sync with showing what's happening for the last few weeks, almost as if they're having trouble keeping up with all the transactions that the bank must be processing) or if they've simply not paid it yet.

Comments

• thriftymomma
    thriftymomma Posts: 1,107 Forumite
    Options
    Probably a couple of days delay due to the bank holiday. Check again nuext week.
    Got Halifax Classic to reduce my interest rate by 5% woohoo - 10/06/08 Thanks MSE!
    Another 3% shaved off 10/12/08
    ANOTHER 4 % June 09:beer:
  • SimonM_2
    SimonM_2 Posts: 114 Forumite
    Options
    Just spoken with Natwest - nothing to do with bank holidays.

Apparently "a couple of weeks ago" Natwest changed the dates they pay interest, to make it match up with the statement dates. Seems they've not told anyone about it though (not particularly good is it?) and the person I spoke to had to check with a manager to make sure they were right before they told me that it'd changed - so presumably they've not been asked about it much either.

However, the official guide on the website is wrong and gives the old information, relating to interest due to be paid on May 5th 2009. You'd expect banks to make sure information in such guides to be accurate really wouldn't you? Otherwise how can you know when you may be owing money to a bank? It surely works both ways...

What's more the date it was meant to have been paid was between the usual date and today, and it still hasn't been paid, so it's all a bit confusing.
  • aylithuk
    aylithuk Posts: 463 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well I got informed however it was via one of their 'we've changed our T&C leaflets'

I wonder how many people really read them?
  • NATWESTequalCON
    Options
    Its all because natwest is a s h i t bank
  • Extant
    Extant Posts: 2,140 Forumite
    Options
    Its all because natwest is a s h i t bank

There's nothing inherently wrong with Natwest. If there was, they'd have no customers at all.

The fact you've had a bad experience doesn't make them shit.
    What would William Shatner do?
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    There's nothing inherently wrong with Natwest.

You seem to have a short memory, if you believe that.

Now how much did it cost us all to bail them out of their self imposed troubles?;);)
  • Extant
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    You seem to have a short memory, if you believe that.

Now how much did it cost us all to bail them out of their self imposed troubles?;);)

You seem to be confusing Natwest Bank with its parent, RBS Group. ;)
  • Inactive
    Options
    You seem to be confusing Natwest Bank with its parent, RBS Group. ;)

Same outfit, just a brand name.. :rolleyes:
  • Extant
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    Same outfit, just a brand name.. :rolleyes:

No, it's National Westminster Bank plc, a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group.

They are very much different entities.
  • Inactive
    Options
    No, it's National Westminster Bank plc, a subsidiary of the Royal Bank of Scotland Group.

They are very much different entities.

You are just splitting hairs, they still needed our money to save them from collapse ... however you dress it up.

So there is something " inherently wrong " with NatWest, like many banks that have caused us all so much grief and misery.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure