B&Q End Support Panels

Options
In preparation for the next B&Q kitchen sale, I am trying to work out a shopping list for a new kitchen - whilst saving up enough money to pay for it all!

Hoping someone can help!! Along one wall we will have a 1000mm unit to fit a compact sink and drainer (with access behind the cupboard to a stopcock so have to have a cupboard here) then space for a free standing dishwasher and washing machine. Once this is all fitted in there is no space to put another unit, even a 15cm one.

So my question is - how do you easily and cheaply support the worktop? I see B&Q do End support panels, but I can't work out how this would fit together and stay upright to support the worktop. Has anyone used these, how do they work?

Thanks

Comments

• Lancastrian
    Options
    Hi lell, I have had the same problem and was left with about 15" of useful/useless space. Fitted the end panel close to the end and screwed it to the floor and under the worktop with small L shaped brackets. The floorcovering hid the brackets, the top ones were out of sight. Finished up as a great place for the swing top bin. You could use the space to fit in several shelves or pull out boxes. Just an idea. Good luck
  • MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just put a batton along the wall?
  • lell_2
    lell_2 Posts: 41 Forumite
    Options
    Had thought of a batton along the wall but wondered about how to stop the panel from moving about I suppose.. but metal brackets sound just the job - can you get fixings to go into a concrete floor?

Sorry, probably being a bit thick today!!

Had already decided on a narrow unit to fit there before realising the sink wouldn't fit in a smaller unit!!

Thanks
  • elljay
    elljay Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lell wrote: »
    Had thought of a batton along the wall but wondered about how to stop the panel from moving about I suppose.. but metal brackets sound just the job - can you get fixings to go into a concrete floor?

Sorry, probably being a bit thick today!!

Had already decided on a narrow unit to fit there before realising the sink wouldn't fit in a smaller unit!!

Thanks
    I had exactly the same problem, and used small L shaped fixings. No problem with the concrete floor, mine sounds much like yours. It gives a really neat finish.
  • MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The sink may be able to fit in a smaller unit as bowl can go in 500 unit and the drainer over the other units or above the white goods.

Depends on sink ... post a link
  • itsmeagain
    itsmeagain Posts: 460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    when are you expecting the next sale?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income