Halifax - can they be contacted by email/secure message?

Options
Hey all

Apologies if I'm being a tad dull but I can't find a way to contact Halifax via email or secure message from my online banking. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

x
* Rainbow baby boy born 9th August 2016 *

* Slimming World follower (I breastfeed so get 6 hex's!) *

Comments

• rb10
    rb10 Posts: 6,334 Forumite
    Options
    No, at Halifax you actually get to speak to a real, live person in the UK.

Put your phone number in at www.halifax.co.uk/bankaccounts/callback.asp and they will phone you back in about two seconds.
  • opinions4u
    opinions4u Posts: 19,411 Forumite
    Options
    Hey all

Apologies if I'm being a tad dull but I can't find a way to contact Halifax via email or secure message from my online banking. Anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

x

Stolen from their site:
    Contact by Email
    You can email us if you're registered for our online service and require help. We' ve recently added a new Online Help section that aims to answer your questions on-site. Clicking 'Help' from the top right hand corner of the online service will open 'Online banking help'.
    You can then use the search tool to find an answer to your question. If you need further help once you've done a search, you'll see an option to "Email our Online Support team"

(Note: I am currently struggling to progress from there though! I typed in "online support team" to the little search and it does come up with a secure messaging option - though it was so hard to find I doubt they ever get any messages or have anybody set up to respond to messages!!).
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    opinions4u wrote: »
    Stolen from their site:
    Contact by Email
    You can email us if you're registered for our online service and require help. We' ve recently added a new Online Help section that aims to answer your questions on-site. Clicking 'Help' from the top right hand corner of the online service will open 'Online banking help'.
    You can then use the search tool to find an answer to your question. If you need further help once you've done a search, you'll see an option to "Email our Online Support team"

I saw this but when you click through its only for online banking help queries eg problems accessing, not general queries!

Guess I'll have to speak to them instead

Thanks both

x

• Mikeyorks
    Mikeyorks Posts: 10,369 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They started to hide the Email facility a little while ago. And they've now developed the irritating habit of responding ..... with a request to ring them.

So I send it (singular ... I think I've Emailed them once in 3 years) back saying 'no'. And they do respond. But, overall, perhaps quickest to ring.

But if it's a general enquiry .......... you'll probably get a more accurate response on here! ;)
    If you want to test the depth of the water .........don't use both feet !
  • flutterbyuk25
    Options
    Mikeyorks wrote: »
    But if it's a general enquiry .......... you'll probably get a more accurate response on here! ;)

Lol :rotfl: probably! so here it is:

I have recently opened the Reward current account (had acceptance letter and blurb but no debit card yet), have paid in the requested £100 but have not been asked if I want to transfer my DD's from my old account (which I will close shortly) to them, which I do. Just wondered how I go about it.

Really hate ringing places - comes from 5 years working in a call centre! - much rather email.

TIA

x

• bristolleedsfan
    Options
    Lol :rotfl: probably! so here it is:

I have recently opened the Reward current account (had acceptance letter and blurb but no debit card yet), have paid in the requested £100 but have not been asked if I want to transfer my DD's from my old account (which I will close shortly) to them, which I do. Just wondered how I go about it.

Really hate ringing places - comes from 5 years working in a call centre! - much rather email.

TIA

x

Debit Card should arrive within a weekish of paying in the 100.00, my PIN numbers arrived before the debit cards.

When you applied online their was a section at the bottom which you could tick if you wanted to use the transfer service, some branches are offering 50.00 instant payment to switch accounts in so best "ring" :rotfl: branches near you and ask if they are offering the 50.00 switch in incentive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure