Homebuy Direct

Options
Hi, I work for Homebuy, and iam actually typing this from there offices and there own computers. I have only a few more days working for this company.
I can only describe this company as a hazzard.
The staff are very badly trained, anyone higher than the on-call agents are corrupt.
The company are verging on loan sharks and treat there customers very badly.
Although I believe they are improving the service, they are morally corrupt, the collectors, the phone agents, the team leaders and every other homebuy employee will not disagree with this comment.
I would rather not have a TV than have a homebuy TV. I would rather live in an empty house, than own anything from Homebuy.
Good luck to the customers and good luck to those who trust this company,
Its a tough reality, when there is so much corruption within this scam.
This is a warning to anyone involved with this company.

They are charging nearly 50% interest and i have seen accounts with 90% interest.
Please be vigilant and if you ever have a problem, and you are forced to call homebuy, then please do appreciate these agents are working for a terrible company and nearly all are regretting that!

Comments

• homebuyworker
    Options
    Hi, i dont know if anyone really reads this post, or even deals with this company;
    I would just rather still put this warning up anyway.
    As it says in another post, Homebuy Direct recently acquired telebank, the accounts are messed up, and the board of "directors" have decided to now try and sort it, but they have came to the conclusion that, when they finally sort accounts, the telebank customer will be well out of pocket as they do not have accurate figures at all.
    Also, they have one girl who is dealing with these accounts, the girl is trying to sort these accounts for the customers best interests, but her manager 'Susan Craig', of Homebuy Credit control, has made the decision to start 'binning' these accounts, as they are of too much hassle to homebuy, therefore, Telebank customers are basically being ignored....My advice, Stop paying there agents, and send the stuff back, Homebuy will send Legal letters, but as they dont have a legal team, there is nothing more than a letter that they can threaten you with!!! x x x
  • essexhoney
    essexhoney Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    that last post is really interesting! i decided to look further into your posts after your comment on my thread about homebuy and im glad that i did!! i now understand why i am being ignored by homebuy completly! when i ring them they say they have no knowledge of me having an account with them! i havent paid anything since i saw the feature on watchdog and i wont be paying anything in the future. though i cant get them to come and collect the television so i am not quite sure what to do on that respect :confused:
    The Only Thing Men Can Do Right Is Get Everything Wrong :D
    Anyone Care To Prove Me Right? :D
  • WestieFan
    WestieFan Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Essexhoney, I was in a similar situation, although with a different company and circumstances.

Send them a letter telling them that if they don't come to collect the telly within the next say, 14 days then you will be disposing of it as they have ignored all your previous requests. Ask the PO which service it is that lets you track the letter and gives you a copy of the signature of the person who signed for it (can't remember which service it is - they will keep you right) and send it off. This might cost a few pounds but worth it!

Once the 14 days is up, and they still haven't collected, then do what you like with the set!

ps Keep a copy of the letter, obviously, and the tracking slip.
  • essexhoney
    essexhoney Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    thanks will be doing that tomorrow then :D i did warn them back in november i was going to put it on the doorstep and that didnt bother them so i doubt a letter will but at least it will cover my back :D thanks for the advice :D
    The Only Thing Men Can Do Right Is Get Everything Wrong :D
    Anyone Care To Prove Me Right? :D
  • gibby
    gibby Posts: 426 Forumite
    Options
    a similar thing is pay as you view in the north east
    also know as buy as you view

TVs etc with a meter and box - very high interest - high pressure sales
    but they dont like paying the reps either

a mate of mine workd for 3 months and is owed alot of money
    Im surprised these guys are allow to trade
    never take advice from broke or unsuccessful people

Jim Rohn
  • debbz
    Options
    HI ALL I LIVE IN SCOTLAND AND HAVE BEEN A HOMEBUY CUSTOMER NOW FOR 3 YRS I HAVE HEARD A WISPER THAT THEY HAVE GON BUST CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME IF THEY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS AND WHAT CAN I DO AS MY TV IS DUE PAID IN FULL FEB 07 :confused:
  • Frell
    Frell Posts: 171 Forumite
    Options
    debbz there is another thread about this somewhere else here but I will give you some news, yes Homebuy when in to adminiastrtion a few months back but on the 1st of November they come out of it, and according to my collector its going back to Telebank, now I am sure they'll give the option to Stay on the shame scheme we are now rent to buy or sole rent it, DON'T quote me on this its only what the collector has said but as you've almost paid for it I cant see them not letting you buy it. But please as I said this is only information I've been given wait till we know more as we all should get letters about this.
  • joeco2
    Options
    Hi I would just like to say that I have been with home buy for a number of years and telebank before that. today the agent came to collect. He told me that they were not doing tv,s anymore they were only doing loans. So I asked him how much it would cost me if I was to borrow £100. his reply was £8 per week for 40 weeks. That is the equivolent to 220% interest on top of the loan. I was stunned. I told him that when my tv was payed off in may that he would lose me as a customer. I think Himebuy are going to lose a lot of customers. They wont last much longer because they dont seem to learn from their mistakes.
  • agray_2
    Options
    Reading this, for anyone who is unclear, this seems to be about the above company, not the new government shared ownership scheme HomeBuy Direct which is about to be launched - you buy minimum 70% and get a low-interest(no interest for first five years!) loan on the remainder. See www.housingcorp.gov.uk for details.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure