Need help logging into SAGA savings account.

Options
When I went to log in this morning it asked for a security question that was not one I had selected i.e. Memorable Date. On the log on screen it says to reset the security detail just enter your user name and click log in. I did this but an message then appeared saying I had entered incorrect information. Can you tell me what is happening here please. I was able to log in later when I tried again as it asked me a security question that was one I had selected.
Regards
erb :)

Comments

• ManAtHome
    ManAtHome Posts: 8,512 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    On mine it says to contact the Internet Savings Team (0845 603 2285) if you've 'forgotten your details'. That looks like your only option - can't see any obvious way of changing the security stuff (other than password).

Can't remember having a choice of questions (mine are Place, Date, Person, Film), but then it is an 'oldies' account...
  • erb
    erb Posts: 547 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The log in screen is shown below and you will see the security question for menorable date is asked before you put in your username so at this stage the questions are not user specific. My questions are Place, Person, Film and First Car but not date. It looks like to reset your security question to one of yours you should enter your username and click Log In. When I tried this it came up with the error message of incorrect details.

Any other SAGA users experienced this and what did you do to resolve it? I don't think you should have to ring them everytime your question does not appear.

EXISTING USER LOG IN

This page is only for existing customers who have previously activated their username. If you're resetting your security details please enter only your username and click 'Log In'.

If you would like to activate your account for the first time click here.

If you're a new customer click here to return to the homepage and follow the links to apply for a new account.

Username
    Password
    Your memorable date (in dd-mm-yyyy format)
    Forgotten your sign-in details? Please call our Internet Savings team on 0845 603 2285†.
    Regards
  • ManAtHome
    Options
    I suspect the 'if you're resetting' will be part of the contacting the savings team bit - maybe they have to flag the account before you can use the reset option. If it was available all the time, would be a waste of time having the security questions..?
  • erb
    Options
    ManAtHome wrote: »
    I suspect the 'if you're resetting' will be part of the contacting the savings team bit - maybe they have to flag the account before you can use the reset option. If it was available all the time, would be a waste of time having the security questions..?

I think the "resetting" is simply meant to be changing the security question to one that applies to your username i.e. to one of the 4 that you chose when you set up the account and the computer system should be able to do this without any human intervention. This does not appear to be a good log in process. All the others I use ask for a user name and password first and then asks for the other security information or when you set the account up you have to have all the security questions and do not select from a list.
    Regards
  • erb
    Options
    Apparently Memorable Date is one of the questions I must have answered so they only ask you questions used when you set the account up. I must have forgotten about this question amongst all the others:o .
    Regards
  • ManAtHome
    Options
    Glad it's sorted - nightmare when you have a few accounts. Has the 'first car' ever come up, don't remember that one.
  • erb
    Options
    ManAtHome wrote: »
    Glad it's sorted - nightmare when you have a few accounts. Has the 'first car' ever come up, don't remember that one.

Not yet but then I have only just started using this account when I got my money back from Icesave.
    Regards
  • savetilibleed
    Options
    erb wrote: »
    When I went to log in this morning it asked for a security question that was not one I had selected i.e. Memorable Date. On the log on screen it says to reset the security detail just enter your user name and click log in. I did this but an message then appeared saying I had entered incorrect information. Can you tell me what is happening here please. I was able to log in later when I tried again as it asked me a security question that was one I had selected.
    There are four security questions - least I have. I remember it being a bit of a kerfuffle to set in place and record somewhere as hints. I did mess it up not long after I got the Access token and had to obtain another and do it again. Now I have it right and don't mess it up!

The/my security questions are:

Favourite place
    Memorable person
    Favourite book/film
    Memorable date
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts