Timeshare with Diamond Resorts - BE WARNED!!

Options
Both my husband and I, his parents and my parents have owned timeshare with various companies for many years, but never has anybody been treated as shabily as my parents have been treated by Diamond Resorts, who are based in Lancashire. They initially purchased their timeshare week in Spain more than 10 years ago and it was under the management of Sunterra at the time. Everything was fine until Diamond Resorts took over Sunterra in the past couple of years and this has brought owners (especially those who live out of the UK) a HUGE headache.

Diamond Resorts have the worst customer service we (and my parents) have experienced, bar none. I can say this with conviction as I have tried to help out my folks by making some calls on their behalf.

Diamond Resorts have essentially been responsible for my parents losing the use of a week of their timeshare that was paid up as per the rules. It was all due to the inefficiency and exceedingly poor customer service of Diamond Resorts that this has happened and they have proven to be totally inflexible and unhelpful about the problem.

If you ever consider purchasing timeshare, do beware of this company and the headaches you are likely to have. At times, you can be expected to wait on an 0870 telephone number for up to 45 minuts to speak to someone. Staff are unhelpful, largely unfriendly and an experience you can afford to miss.

Comments

• sophielou83
    Options
    :mad: Diamond resorts are taking the mickey out of their members. They have increased management fees by more than £200 pounds in the last 14 months. Its getting a joke. Something needs to be done as they are out of control.
    Both my husband and I, his parents and my parents have owned timeshare with various companies for many years, but never has anybody been treated as shabily as my parents have been treated by Diamond Resorts, who are based in Lancashire. They initially purchased their timeshare week in Spain more than 10 years ago and it was under the management of Sunterra at the time. Everything was fine until Diamond Resorts took over Sunterra in the past couple of years and this has brought owners (especially those who live out of the UK) a HUGE headache.

Diamond Resorts have the worst customer service we (and my parents) have experienced, bar none. I can say this with conviction as I have tried to help out my folks by making some calls on their behalf.

Diamond Resorts have essentially been responsible for my parents losing the use of a week of their timeshare that was paid up as per the rules. It was all due to the inefficiency and exceedingly poor customer service of Diamond Resorts that this has happened and they have proven to be totally inflexible and unhelpful about the problem.

If you ever consider purchasing timeshare, do beware of this company and the headaches you are likely to have. At times, you can be expected to wait on an 0870 telephone number for up to 45 minuts to speak to someone. Staff are unhelpful, largely unfriendly and an experience you can afford to miss.
  • Cybi
    Options
    I have registered with this site simply to add my comments about this appalling company. I would advise anyone to stay well away from them. I received a bill yesterday morning for over a £1000 for management fees ... for timeshare points that I can hardly give away. Timeshare is bad enough - but this company represents the very worst aspects of it.
  • benny3_2
    Options
    I can not agree more with what Cybi has to say about diamond resorts. Stay well away from them. Does anyone know a way of getting rid of your points?
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just DONT pay anymore............ignore all threats...........dont believe for one second they will take you to court in spain or uk......they do not have a legal leg to stand on.....bin all correspondence from them.......All Timeshare Is Theft.............just send them one letter giving up all rights to your points/timeshare.....send it registered........keep a copy,and proof of posting...........tough it out............have you ever heard of anyone being taken to court for not paying the yearly extortionate fees, no never.
    cut your losses and put it down to experience..............
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • antenna
    antenna Posts: 1,776 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DO NOT use a points/timeshare reseller........never pay anything upfront..............people that have bought points/timeshare in the past are like lambs to the slaughter to the reseller thieves..........you was robbed once so you are marked down to be robbed twice............you will only throw good money after bad............read the CRIMESHARE website.......
    Political?....I dont do Political....well,not much!
  • janpratt
    Options
    Yes we've been caught too. Having owned on the Costa del Sol for the past ten years we made the massive mistake of converting to points 2 years ago. We've tried to surrender them but to no avail. Anyone know how to get rid? :confused:
  • savemoney
    savemoney Posts: 18,127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The Law Practice UK you cant promote your business here or post personnel details or have links in your signature.

Reported to abuse/ I suggest you read the rules http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=305655

You seem to be PM a lot too, I hope you are not touting for business just like your posts
  • alouise_2
    Options
    Anyone unhappy with Management Fee Increases with Diamond Resorts Internationals (also Grand Vacation Club, Sunterra) may find a blog running on the Mirror of interest.

We are the firm of solicitors co-ordinating the unhappy DRI clients.

Any one interested in finding our more is welcome to contact us at [EMAIL="ah@lp-uk.com"]ah@lp-uk.com[/EMAIL], visit our website www.lp-uk.com or call on 0121 778 2371.

The address of the Mirror Blog is:
    http://blogs.mirror.co.uk/investigations/2008/11/no-answers-from-diamond-resort.html

i just wanted to warn you all of con men operating and targeting timeshare members. anyone can write anything or create anything on the internet please be careful. and diamnd members have questions contact your commitee, or FNTC the first national trustee company.
  • alouise_2
    Options

what exactly happened how did they lose their week?
  • alouise_2
    Options
    benny3 wrote: »
    I can not agree more with what Cybi has to say about diamond resorts. Stay well away from them. Does anyone know a way of getting rid of your points?

if your over 75 you can hand them back or you can trade them in to pay for management fees, there are loads of options now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure