Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@. Skimlinks & other affiliated links are turned on

Search
Page 1
  • murphwiz
    • 25th Nov 04, 6:02 PM
    Re: cheap glossy paper-1.99 for 100sheets!
    • 25th Nov 04, 6:02 PM
    Nice tip Thanks.
  • pluk
    • 25th Nov 04, 6:53 PM
    • 25th Nov 04, 6:53 PM
    Cool. Thank you.
    • islandman
    • By islandman 25th Nov 04, 7:12 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 1,748 Thanks
    islandman
    • 25th Nov 04, 7:12 PM
    • 25th Nov 04, 7:12 PM
    Whilst I welcome your information, according to their advert you are wrong. It is my understanding the paper is "matt" and not glossy.
  • culchalin
    • 25th Nov 04, 7:20 PM
    • 25th Nov 04, 7:20 PM
    SMASHING! ;D

thank you very much indeed OP just got 500 sheets
    • peechy
    • By peechy 28th Nov 04, 4:53 PM
    • 232 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    peechy
    • 28th Nov 04, 4:53 PM
    • 28th Nov 04, 4:53 PM
    ty!! am making some scrapbooks so this is just what I needed. It is matt paper but hubby assures me photos still come out nice. Ordered two packs.
    The prices for the other papers are still good too.
    Just a word of warning for others, make sure the page is secure when you add your card details, when i signed up it went to the payment page but wasn't secure. I had to log in and then it went to a secure page.
  • barjam
    • 28th Nov 04, 5:24 PM
    • 28th Nov 04, 5:24 PM
    thanks for this one inthepoorhouse ordered two packs
    • froggy27
    • By froggy27 29th Nov 04, 10:29 AM
    • 940 Posts
    • 861 Thanks
    froggy27
    • 29th Nov 04, 10:29 AM
    • 29th Nov 04, 10:29 AM
    thanks for this. I've also ordered 2 packs. hope they come quick..i've got photos to print.
    • Gavin57
    • By Gavin57 29th Nov 04, 4:47 PM
    • 267 Posts
    • 396 Thanks
    Gavin57
    • 29th Nov 04, 4:47 PM
    • 29th Nov 04, 4:47 PM
    Ordered 2 packs on Thursday evening arrived this morning .
    Thanks
  • barjam
    just had my paper delivered today really quick also packaged really well

• peechy
    • By peechy 5th Dec 04, 1:51 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    peechy
    forgot to say mine came!! They are very good quality and they came very quickly even tho postage was free!!
    Thanks ITPH.

I will use them and see how they are.

(edited for spelling :-[)
    • islandman
    • By islandman 5th Dec 04, 10:07 AM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 1,748 Thanks
    islandman
    It is interesting to read that so many of you have ordered the so-called "glossy" paper which is in fact "matt". Equally it is interesting to read that deliveries have been made.

What does equally interest me is that not one of you have stated your verdict on this "cheapie" paper. I'm not knocking you, but in the past I too have sucumbed to "cheapie" photographic paper and been less than satisfied with it. Now I have draws of the stuff which isn't much use at all.

Maybe during the next few days, soemone will actually use the stuff and put it to the test.
  • barjam
    It is interesting to read that so many of you have ordered the so-called "glossy" paper which is in fact "matt". Equally it is interesting to read that deliveries have been made.

What does equally interest me is that not one of you have stated your verdict on this "cheapie" paper. I'm not knocking you, but in the past I too have sucumbed to "cheapie" photographic paper and been less than satisfied with it. Now I have draws of the stuff which isn't much use at all.

Maybe during the next few days, soemone will actually use the stuff and put it to the test.

i knew it was matt when i placed my order as it said that on the order form didnt bother me that it was matt when i received it i was well pleased at the speed of del etc the paper itself is like card but.... i must admit i have never used it yet
    so.... it looks good but wether it is i do not know when i get around to using some(thinking of making calendars with them) i will let you know or if anyone else has used theirs !please tell us what its like

many thanks in advance
    :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
  • lofty
    Ordered a few hundred CDR's from this company, Ordered last sunday and they arrived tuesday!!!
    • peechy
    • By peechy 6th Dec 04, 2:46 AM
    • 232 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    peechy

Island-man in my first post i said it was matt paper
    It is matt paper but hubby assures me photos still come out nice. Ordered two packs.
    And in my second post I "stated my verdict"

forgot to say mine came!! They are very good quality
    hope that helps you decide whether or not to get some.
    • islandman
    • By islandman 6th Dec 04, 2:05 PM
    • 4,359 Posts
    • 1,748 Thanks
    islandman
    Oops !, Happy Christmas.
    • peechy
    • By peechy 6th Dec 04, 7:15 PM
    • 232 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    peechy
    i knew it was matt when i placed my order as it said that on the order form didnt bother me that it was matt when i received it i was well pleased at the speed of del etc the paper itself is like card but.... i must admit i have never used it yet
    so.... it looks good but wether it is i do not know when i get around to using some(thinking of making calendars with them) i will let you know or if anyone else has used theirs !please tell us what its like

many thanks in advance
    :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
    Just done a test print. Paper is great, esp for less than 2pence a sheet. Obviously it is not a premium paper. It is photo quality paper. But it is nice.
    Glossy is still my favourite type tho.
    • peechy
    • By peechy 6th Dec 04, 7:16 PM
    • 232 Posts
    • 145 Thanks
    peechy
    Oops !, Happy Christmas.
    • Mumstheword
    • By Mumstheword 6th Dec 04, 7:29 PM
    • 3,705 Posts
    • 1,732 Thanks
    Mumstheword
    I got mine, and it looks exactly the same as other cheapie photo paper i've got. Has a bit of a shine on it- is theis normal for 'matt' paper? i was expecting no shine at all.
    i'm still happy tho for 2
    thanks to op ;D
  • amatoejoe
    Cheers for this, i have just got myself 2 packs of matte paper and 3 packs of photo silk paper, for a wee tidy 12.95 + free p+p. ;D
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

768Posts Today

5,622Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Watching Theresa May... seriously would anyone in their right mind truly want her job right now!

• RT @thecheekypostie: @MartinSLewis Thanks to this, I have just skim read it. To those in Scotland - on page 548, Dounreay is mentioned by n?

• Today's twitter poll: The 585 page draft agreement of the withdrawal of the UK from the EU has been published. A? https://t.co/8YLkPyzqYM

• Follow Martin