cheap glossy paper-£1.99 for 100sheets!

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It is interesting to read that so many of you have ordered the so-called "glossy" paper which is in fact "matt". Equally it is interesting to read that deliveries have been made.

What does equally interest me is that not one of you have stated your verdict on this "cheapie" paper. I'm not knocking you, but in the past I too have sucumbed to "cheapie" photographic paper and been less than satisfied with it. Now I have draws of the stuff which isn't much use at all.

Maybe during the next few days, soemone will actually use the stuff and put it to the test.
  • barjam_2
    barjam_2 Posts: 1,667 Forumite
    It is interesting to read that so many of you have ordered the so-called "glossy" paper which is in fact "matt". Equally it is interesting to read that deliveries have been made.

What does equally interest me is that not one of you have stated your verdict on this "cheapie" paper. I'm not knocking you, but in the past I too have sucumbed to "cheapie" photographic paper and been less than satisfied with it. Now I have draws of the stuff which isn't much use at all.

Maybe during the next few days, soemone will actually use the stuff and put it to the test.

i knew it was matt when i placed my order as it said that on the order form didnt bother me that it was matt when i received it i was well pleased at the speed of del etc the paper itself is like card but.... i must admit i have never used it yet
    so.... it looks good but wether it is i do not know when i get around to using some(thinking of making calendars with them) i will let you know or if anyone else has used theirs  please tell us what its like

many thanks in advance
    :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/
  • lofty_2
    lofty_2 Posts: 423 Forumite
    Ordered a few hundred CDR's from this company, Ordered last sunday and they arrived tuesday!!!
    Nice to Save. To save it's ____
  • peechy
    peechy Posts: 236 Forumite

Island-man in my first post i said it was matt paper
    It is matt paper but hubby assures me photos still come out nice. Ordered two packs.

And in my second post I "stated my verdict"
    forgot to say mine came!! They are very good quality

hope that helps you decide whether or not to get some. :)
    look after the pennies.....
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Oops !, Happy Christmas.
  • peechy
    i knew it was matt when i placed my order as it said that on the order form didnt bother me that it was matt when i received it i was well pleased at the speed of del etc the paper itself is like card but.... i must admit i have never used it yet
    so.... it looks good but wether it is i do not know when i get around to using some(thinking of making calendars with them) i will let you know or if anyone else has used theirs  please tell us what its like

many thanks in advance
    :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/ :-/

Just done a test print. Paper is great, esp for less than 2pence a sheet. Obviously it is not a premium paper. It is photo quality paper. But it is nice.
    Glossy is still my favourite type tho.
  • peechy
    Oops !, Happy Christmas.
    ;););)
  • Mumstheword
    Mumstheword Posts: 3,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I got mine, and it looks exactly the same as other cheapie photo paper i've got. Has a bit of a shine on it- is theis normal for 'matt' paper? i was expecting no shine at all.
    i'm still happy tho for £2
    thanks to op ;D
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

If I don't reply to you, I haven't looked back at the thread.....PM me :)
  • Cheers for this, i have just got myself 2 packs of matte paper and 3 packs of photo silk paper, for a wee tidy £12.95 + free p+p. ;D
    Nice to save.
  • Mumstheword
    Mumstheword Posts: 3,760 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    correction to my earlier post.

on further investigation, the top copy only os a glossy sheet, obviously in there in error. the rest are matt, just like good quality reasonably thick paper.

anyway, tried one out, and the photos i get are much better in terms of colour than on my cheap glossy paper ;D
    *** Friends are angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly ***

If I don't reply to you, I haven't looked back at the thread.....PM me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure