PIP Confusion Help Needed.

Options
2»

Comments

• crackerberry
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Sorry but i disagree with this. I wouldn't say 19 days is the average time at all. Mostly reports are returned within a few days, the digital one at least. The paper copy takes a little longer. As i stated if a report takes this long then it's most likely been chosen for audit.

We'll have to agree to disagree then :)
  • TallTee93
    Options
    My sister has spoken to pip again today, they have said they requested further information from the assessment providers ( does that mean atos themselves or the assessor who assessed me) I have a feeling I will have to do a MR but the lady on the phone today said a decision should be made soon as they had the further information back on Friday. It's been 8 and a half weeks since my f2f so the 4 weeks they say is a fib isn't it. The reports do usually get back to them within a few days that was confirmed by a staff member at pip.
  • TallTee93
    Options
    Does anyone know whether they do go completely opposite to the assessors report? In rare occasions? Also I did have help with filling forms out from citizens advice and my sister.
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    TallTee93 wrote: »
    My sister has spoken to pip again today, they have said they requested further information from the assessment providers ( does that mean atos themselves or the assessor who assessed me) I have a feeling I will have to do a MR but the lady on the phone today said a decision should be made soon as they had the further information back on Friday. It's been 8 and a half weeks since my f2f so the 4 weeks they say is a fib isn't it. The reports do usually get back to them within a few days that was confirmed by a staff member at pip.
    It can be both. The 4 weeks decision time is just a guide, it really depends on backlog in your area. To be honest there's no timescales to decisions.

Have you asked for a copy of the assessment report? This will give you some idea what the decision is likely to be as they mostly go with this. It's rare for them to go against the report but it can happen.
  • TallTee93
    Options
    I received a copy of the assessment report which was full of blatant lies and contradictions when i took proof and have shown pip dwp proof of my medications and diagnosed illnesses and the assessor said I don't have said illnesses (although I have proven diagnoses from doctors and pshycologist etc) and that I don't take certain medications (although I'm prescribed them weekly) and that I've never been depressed (even though I've been in hospital for several suicide attempts 9 times to be exact all which have been proven with doctors reports and discharge papers etc) all of which I had shown to pip beforehand. Oh and that i dont need help with my medication even though its prescribed weekly to stop the chances of overdosing being so strong and although my sister comes round twice a day with my meds to give them to me as i have overdosed 3 times in the past 5 months so she wont leave them with me. So my sister contacted pip stating all of the obvious and they asked her to write a letter stating it all so she did that about 6 weeks ago now. She rang them today and they said they contacted the assessment providers for further information which they received a week ago and I should hear from them in the next 2 week's. But they said the next 2 week's when she rang a week ago so god knows.
    My sister also complained about the assessor because she made me go into detail about sexual, physical and emotional abuse I experienced as a child and explaining how that has been one of the causes of my severe depression etc and then didn't even mention any of it in the report so why make me 're live it all? I ended up trying to take my own life again after I read the assessors report because people just lie just lie all the time and don't actually care they just want to make life hard so what's the point?
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    TallTee93 wrote: »
    I received a copy of the assessment report which was full of blatant lies and contradictions when i took proof and have shown pip dwp proof of my medications and diagnosed illnesses and the assessor said I don't have said illnesses (although I have proven diagnoses from doctors and pshycologist etc) and that I don't take certain medications (although I'm prescribed them weekly) and that I've never been depressed (even though I've been in hospital for several suicide attempts 9 times to be exact all which have been proven with doctors reports and discharge papers etc) all of which I had shown to pip beforehand. Oh and that i dont need help with my medication even though its prescribed weekly to stop the chances of overdosing being so strong and although my sister comes round twice a day with my meds to give them to me as i have overdosed 3 times in the past 5 months so she wont leave them with me. So my sister contacted pip stating all of the obvious and they asked her to write a letter stating it all so she did that about 6 weeks ago now. She rang them today and they said they contacted the assessment providers for further information which they received a week ago and I should hear from them in the next 2 week's. But they said the next 2 week's when she rang a week ago so god knows.
    My sister also complained about the assessor because she made me go into detail about sexual, physical and emotional abuse I experienced as a child and explaining how that has been one of the causes of my severe depression etc and then didn't even mention any of it in the report so why make me 're live it all? I ended up trying to take my own life again after I read the assessors report because people just lie just lie all the time and don't actually care they just want to make life hard so what's the point?
    I'm sorry to hear that. Lies are often told in these reports. In that report somewhere will be boxes with dots next to them, matching these with the PIP descriptors and adding the points up will tell you how many were scored, if any. They usually go with the report.

I know it's very difficult talking about your life during these assessments but unfortunately this is needed to get a picture of how your conditions affect you. PIP isn't about a diagnosis, but how your conditions affect you daily.
    If the decision doesn't go in your favour then you have 1 month to ask for a MR, put the request in writing stating what you disagree with and where you think you should have scored those points. Most MR decisions remain the same. If this fails then it's Tribunal.
  • TallTee93
    Options
    I just still don't understand why she would make me go in depth about things and clearly see how it affects my life daily then lie about it? I don't understand why lie and say I don't have issues with my bladder when I'm on medication for it, why I don't have issues with mental health and personality disorders when I'm on medication for it, why I don't have issues with walking etc when I'm on medication for the pain, why I don't have issues with diabetes when I'm on medication for it. It's stupid to lie like that when I can prove otherwise how it affects me with doctors reports, pshycologist reports, medication, proof of never leaving th house without someone etc. Why lie when so much evidence to prove otherwise? Do they have to keep numbers down so lie? Well they've done it to the wrong person because I will be taking it all the way, and I will be getting the woman who assessed me done for negligence! And if DWP are stupid enough to agree with her report of 0 points for daily living and 0 points for mobility (I'm not bothered about the mobility, the CAB thought I should get that though with my bladder problems and walking problems but I'm not bothered about them as my mental state is what affects me the most in a day to day basis) then more fool them because with all the evidence I have and the evidence I've had to pay for off of the doctors letters etc then I will take it to tribunal and will be getting Mps and everything involved due to their negligence.
  • TallTee93
    Options
    I've just had a phone call off of ESA saying that I may be entitled to the severe disability premium so I asked why she thinks that and she said I am in receipt of PIP so I am on hold now to PIP to see what they say. Fingers crossed. The assessor awarded me 0points for everything so they have gone against her if they have awarded me!
  • TallTee93
    Options
    I have been awarded high rate for daily living and for mobility. Thankyou for your advice.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure