Esa hell ..desperate for feedback and advice anyone please :-)

Options

Comments

• fumin37
    fumin37 Posts: 55 Forumite
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply .Yes im sure kelpie .I have one dependant child who lives with me and my other one who is full time student non dependant.I recieve 57.00 child tax credits for him and 20.00 child benefit.
    housing benefit is N/A. CT is sorted .
  • fumin37
    Options
    Poppy there is a 13 week period where you can claim JSA and still be written off sick.I cant remember what they call it .
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    fumin37 wrote: »
    Thankyou for your reply .Yes im sure kelpie .I have one dependant child who lives with me and my other one who is full time student non dependant.I recieve 57.00 child tax credits for him and 20.00 child benefit.
    housing benefit is N/A. CT is sorted .
    Does your non dependant child recieve a student loan? If so and they live at home with you, shouldn't he/she be contributing towards their upkeep? As you no longer recieve benefits for them that extra mouth to feed isn't easy.
  • kelpie35
    kelpie35 Posts: 1,781 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Is your student daughter/son living at home with you?

If so are they contributing to the household by having a part time/evening job.
  • fumin37
    Options
    Thats a whole other complicated realm altogether poppy ....
  • IAmWales
    IAmWales Posts: 2,024 Forumite
    Options
    If your loan repayment is unmanageable then speak to the DWP. They may ask you to complete a statement of incomings and outgoings but will then set the repayment amount at something more manageable.
  • fumin37
    edited 8 October 2017 at 7:58AM
    Options
    poppy12345 wrote: »
    Not sure what you mean by this but there's no JSA version of the Support Group.

The 13 week period is known as EPS (extended period of sick ness ) Each time i have been told to sign on JSA i have automatically been put immediately onto this due to being continuously signed off sick at the time of the claim and the JC deciding im not in the right place place to be looking fir work.
    During this time one is not required to partake in any JS activities at all and may only have to speak to a job coach on the telephone occasionaly and that is usualy just for them to see how you are doing and where you are at .
  • poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,963 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    fumin37 wrote: »
    The 13 week period is known as EPS (extended period of sick ness ) Each time i have been told to sign on JSA i have automatically been put immediately onto this due to being continuously signed off sick at the time of the claim and the JC deciding im not in the right place place to be looking fir work.
    During this time one is not required to partake in any JS activities at all and may only have to speak to a job coach on the telephone occasionaly and that is usualy just for them to see how you are doing and where you are at .
    Yes i knew about that but your wording " JSA version of the Support Group" confused me.
  • fumin37
    Options
    kelpie35 wrote: »
    Is your student daughter/son living at home with you?

If so are they contributing to the household by having a part time/evening job.

My daughter gets a small loan .She is also chronically unwell and struggles her way admireably through uni.We have the same condition.Up untill she went to uni and i went on to ESA we both worked in the care profession.She does not want to claim for her illness and i respect that.She helps out when she she can but it is sporadic.I have had to borrow 100s from her over the last year (which i still owe her ) in order to keep my car on the road(which i need) and pay bills and other debts.We often have had no food in the house.This is very demeaning indeed since i am the parent not her.
    She already doesnt have much of a life due to her conditions and is trying to save to move out which is proving difficult ,so i wouldnt expect her to help more than she already does when she can . Apart from any of that, her situation is irrelevant to my ESA situation.
    I mention all this as im getting the distinct impression there are people on this forum that assume some people on ESA are benefits scroungers from some posts ive read.
    I dont think many people would choose to put themselves through the hell we as a family have been through the last year for 73 pounds a week purely to avoid going to work which i would give anything to be able to do And still very much hope to do in the future.
  • fumin37
    Options
    IAmWales wrote: »
    If your loan repayment is unmanageable then speak to the DWP. They may ask you to complete a statement of incomings and outgoings but will then set the repayment amount at something more manageable.
    Thankyou iamwales yes i will probably need to do do that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure