What small DFW things will you do this week - w/c 2nd October?

Options

Comments

• PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all :hello: hope every one is ok this morning. Up early which I could have done without as we’ve got tickets to see a band later, trouble is, it’s 3 hours drive away :eek: should be some quality time with DH though. Glad Cat is now asleep after waking me up he’s obviously got a tough day of eating and sleeping and dreaming ahead of him ;) we bought the tickets ages ago and fuel is gratis, so only car parking to pay for. Thinking of paying to park on someone’s drive to keep cost down as there’s no street parking nearby by the looks of it :money:

Other things today:
    Make hummus - done and frozen half the batch
    Make packed lunches - done
    Use 2 egg whites I froze when I made pastry with the yolks with a whole egg for my breakfast
    Check banking
    Add interest on ISA to savings total
    Pay for brownie day for dad from her subs pot
    Write card for sil from stash
    Some washing outside before I go to work (just remembered I’m only on half day :j)
    Think about what I need for tomorrow as we’ll be back late tonight.
    Check just for points cc and reconcile.

Right, enjoy your day peoples.
  • determined_new_ms
    determined_new_ms Posts: 7,825 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 October 2017 at 2:56PM
    Options
    Morning purps, magicbeans & la e. Enjoy the band purps. And that sounds like a faff la e hope you get them to change the rate for you x

Have decided not to go to work again today :o just delaying the inevitable. But will definitely go back tomorrow....

[STRIKE]* Have put a load in the machine & will hang out when dry[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* starts socks[/STRIKE] - again. Cast on twice last night, got in a muddle and unpicked the stitches!
    * meal from plan - swapping around days to use things up
    [STRIKE]* los for lunch for me[/STRIKE]
    * exercise & meditate 30mins digging. Was hard work!
    *[STRIKE] listen to audio book[/STRIKE]
    * flylady upstairs
    * NSD
    * make cake with madam after school. Might go to park but depends on if I'm up to it
    * speak to dd and make sure she went to her appts yesterday
    * photo and list 3 things on fleabay
    *[STRIKE] check onepoll[/STRIKE]
    [STRIKE]* hopefully go to the allotment for an hour. [/STRIKE]Really should as good for me and lots to do, but everything is a bit of an effort!
    * pay cc

Ok that'll do. Have a great day x
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 October 2017 at 4:41PM
    Options
    Morning all

OH seems to be getting slowly better. I have a bit of a scratchy throat and a slight cough so I'm hoping to ward it off!

Small mission today:
    • Meals from plan
    • Prep meals for tomorrow
    • Log cals in mfp - done
    • Charge phone in work - done
    • Gym at lunchtime - done
    • Crochet (decided to carry on with the jacket for my friend's toddler before moving onto the dress. Dress requires more brain power)
    • Early night - am cream crackered!
    • No drinkies (am doing very well so far!) - done
    Have a good one all

clf x
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • arc2014
    arc2014 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all!

NSD planned for me today, tea already sorted & packed lunches for everyone!
    - Survey sites checked (will check again later too!)
    - eBay checked (doesn't look like my couple of items ending today will sell, but definitely have some sellers tomorrow! :T)
    - just checked my payslip and it turns out I'm earning under the personal allowance this year so no tax for me! :j :beer:
  • NewlyFrugalMumof3
    NewlyFrugalMumof3 Posts: 167 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 October 2017 at 11:35AM
    Options
    Hi.
    May I join in with this sensible group. I am returning, as I was debt free but due to 'life' and the DWP taking away one of my children's DLA (despite him still have and always will have a disability!) which has knock on effect on tax credits, our family budget is now over £600 down every month!

We are a family of 5: 2 adults, OH works very long hours, I am housewife/OU student/school volunteer, 1 teenager at college, 1 at secondary school and 1 little one at primary school - all boys.

So, the credit card has been filling up again alas :(. I am trying to be thrifty again, so here goes. This week I have/will have:

Daily walk pooches
    Washing on line when possible
    Heating still off
    Update spreadsheet of monthly budget
    Try and stick to the bloomin' budget!
    Check topcashback
    Pack lunches for 2 boys + OH
    Mealplan from stores
    Use supermarket vouchers and make a shopping list beforehand
    List toys from 'gift cupboard' on local FB page
    Try and find something I need with WhiteStuff giftvoucher
    Find sofabed on FB local for conservatory
    Find reasonable wall storage for DS2 bedroom
    Start OU courses a few days early
    Encourage DS x 3 to help more around the house!
    Run 4 times/week
    Tidy/clean up couple rooms at a time.
    Get on top of diary.

Have a great week everyone.

T :D
    Jan GC £267.47/280, Fuel:£40.60/£40; Cafes: £28.35!!/£20, NSD: ?/20
    Walk /10miles/week,
    LBM £14,000 :eek: 01/02/18. Loan: £14960.40/4 years

Emergency: / £1000, Vouchers: One4All £20, HairSalon £50, Caffe Nero £15.62, Pizza Express £90, Other Restaurant £60. DS1 owes camera/car ins.£800.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 October 2017 at 11:49AM
    Options
    Good Morning All

Slept better last night and feel ok-ish (apart from PMS) so today we will:

Check Bank & made PAD - Done
    Ironing - Done
    Washing -
    Recycle all boxes and paper - Done (had a few prizes turn up yesterday)
    Read meters & upload - Done
    Clean patio doors -
    Purge a few emails -
    Enter a few comps -
    Surveys -
    All meals from cupboards/fridge/freezer -
    Checked: Tombola Stars, Luckyphone, Ashleigh, FPL -

Have a great day all.

C x
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• arc2014
    arc2014 Posts: 194 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Just relisted a couple of things on eBay, lowered the price too. Fingers crossed they sell this time!
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,166 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Frugalistas,
    Quite a good day so far on the frugal front:
    *Did this week's final laundry load to make use of another warm blowy day for free drying.
    *Did a couple of surveys.
    *Picked 2.2kg courgettes, 2 buckets of pears & a bunch of basil.
    *Sorted through my paper bag of ripening tomatoes. 1lb ripe ones removed, skinned, chopped & frozen.
    *Used 600g previously prepped & frozen ones in tonight's meal which is slow cooker black bean chipotle chilli. Will serve on jackets with a side helping of stir-fried courgettes. Hope there will be a portion for freezer too.
    *Used more courgettes, tomatoes, basil, peppers that we've grown with anchovies, cheese,etc, & made 2 pasta bakes...one for tomorrow & one for the freezer.
    *Fed sourdough jar ready to bake loaf on Thursday.
    *Peeled, sliced & poached huge pan of pears - just reducing the liquid down to a syrup now. Smells nice. Added lemon juice & cinnamon.
    *Made tomorrow's packed lunch.
    Will be knitting for my sales basket later. Have been feeling sad this morning, as had to do a couple of jobs to do with Dad's funeral. Being busy & doing a bit of cooking while listening to an audiobook has been good for me today. Whoops, must go, can hear cat savaging lounge carpet again. Grrrr!
    F x
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Hooray! Refunds have come through from the gym!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • FatVonD
    FatVonD Posts: 5,315 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hooray to refunds, CLF

NewlyFrugal, if you're having trouble finding something to buy with your vouchers could you sell them (is it Zeek, the voucher site?)

I've *finally* managed to sell the expensive face creams I got in a sale at work (for £1!) for £100, they are worth £300 so the buyer has a bargain and I have just over £90 in my bank account after fees so everyone's happy (I hope!)

I have stuffed up badly on Amazon by listing some stuff without activating 'small and light' and I'll be lucky to break even on them but it's all a learning curve. I've also had to buy a program to enable me to edit their spreadsheet to get it right next time, got to think about the long game though.

I had to take a trip out to buy light bulbs of all descriptions today, I've been making like a mole for a while now but then the one in the bathroom went which was a step too far. Luckily H0mebase had lots of promotions on them so I couldn't have timed it better.

Lunch was a YS sandwich and crisps and dinner is going to be chicken and mushroom pies with HM chips. The cats are down to just the red sachets of food now which is their least favourite but needs must!
    Make £25 a day in April £0/£750 (March £584, February £602, January £883.66)

December £361.54, November £322.28, October £288.52, September £374.30, August £223.95, July £71.45, June £251.22, May£119.33, April £236.24, March £106.74, Feb £40.99, Jan £98.54) Total for 2017 - £2,495.10
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure