Tesco/Asda Pricechecker Thread - part 5

Options

Comments

• stebiz
    stebiz Posts: 6,590 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    IMPORTANT INFORMATION TO 'AVOID' THE OVER THE LIMIT E-MAILS - PLEASE READ IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE GUIDE ON PAGE 1

Before sharing this theory about the 'over the limit' e-mail, there are a couple of disclaimers to this part of the thread.

The first is that we are not 100% sure this is how the process works, but research indicates it is working in this way, but as always, open to suggestions for alternative theories.

The second is that this is not intended to in any way condone breaking the £100 limit per household per month condition within Tesco's T&C's. If you decide to go over £100 a month limit, that is your choice as are any repercussions as a result. It has been added however, because you could fall foul of the 'over the limit' e-mail without actually breaking their own T&C's in this respect due to the way we suspect the software has been programmed.

You may also shop for relatives or friends but assume that different households can use the same e-mail but it appears the system in place currently uses your e-mail as a marker to an individual household rather than multiple households so each individual household should use an individual e-mail address.

Where you are using a DTD voucher to kick off your shop say on 1st May carried over from April, you must incorporate this value (£10 ASDA value for a £20 starter voucher to kick off your shop) into your calculations for when you reach your limit. It is absolutely essential to work on the ASDA value and not the capped Mr T voucher value. You should then count the ASDA value for each shop you do using that initial and subsequent vouchers along with your one you are anticipating to keep within the limits (not the capped Mr T voucher value). A practical example is shown below:

DTD voucher of £20 used to start shop 1 (£10 ASDA value) so fairly or otherwise, Mr T takes this into account for calculation purposes. This means before you have even started to shop, you are £10 down on your 'allowance' if you start the month with a voucher as the running total is already £10.

Shop 1 generates another £20 voucher, but the ASDA value (e.g. what it would cost in ASDA is £12 cheaper). Your running total is now £22 and not £40 Mr T value. You use this voucher for shop 2.

Shop 2 generates another £20 voucher, but the ASDA value (e.g. what it would cost in ASDA is £13 cheaper). Your running total is now £35 and not £60 Mr T value. You use this voucher for shop 3.

Shop 3 generates another £20 voucher, but the ASDA value (e.g. what it would cost in ASDA is £11 cheaper). Your running total is now £46 and not £80 Mr T value. You use this voucher for shop 4.

Shop 4 generates a £16 voucher, with the ASDA value being £8 cheaper.

By submitting this 4th shop in May (example month) you will go over your limit even though in Mr T terms you would only have received £76 in vouchers including this shop. This is because the ASDA value running total would hit £54, over the ASDA value £50 which we believe is being used in the software for calculation purposes.

We are not suggesting a solution to this, but you need to be aware of it and what figures the software appears to be basing itself upon. From there, you can make your choice how you wish to deal with shop 4 in the example above.

Cheers

Simon

Great work Simon.
    Ask me no questions, and I'll tell you no lies
  • xmasbigbird
    Options
    vouchers from yesterday are in!
  • quickthinkofsomething
    Options
    Originally Posted by Elenathion viewpost.gif
    ATTENTION PLEASE

We are trying out a big revamp of the spreadsheet which will make everything a lot easier. It is absolutely awesome and we can't wait to share it.
    While we are working on this, we cannot update the sheet and it will be difficult to go back and add past updates in, so please DO NOT POST FURTHER UPDATES UNTIL WE CONFIRM WE ARE READY.

Thanks a lot guys :):)

I will be reposting this notice throughout the day until we are ready. Thanks in advance for understanding and for your patience.
    **While this is happening, it is more important that ever that you use the spreadsheet as a guide and double check prices on Asda's website before shopping.**
    Clearly they [Tesco] found it hard to make a promise they couldn't keep." Asda Spokesperson.

I say Tesco found it EASY to make promises it still cannot keep.
  • mumto2loves
    mumto2loves Posts: 1,043 Forumite
    Options
    yesterdays vouchers are there!!!
    and thanks very much for the sparkly new thread :T:T:T
  • toffee_2
    toffee_2 Posts: 61 Forumite
    Options
    regarding a post i made on previous thread http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showpost.php?p=42936820&postcount=9783 ive just been to tesco and bought 3 eggs to try as no one confirmed the deal and i can firm that even tho they don't advertise the deal it went through the till at 2 eggs for £8
  • jillycat
    jillycat Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the hard work on this one.

Just an update as it maybe helpful for some people. I entered my receipt details last Thursday and even with the hints of clicking back I still don't have a voucher confirmed. I phoned up the helpline number on the thread and was told by a nice man that there is some delays with receipts going through and it may take now up to 5 days to get it price checked.

This was my second batch of receipts so I know i am not near the £100 limit so it won't be this that is causing a hold up.

I might just have to go and eat a magnum to cope with the wait :D

Jilly
  • MrsBartolozzi
    MrsBartolozzi Posts: 6,358 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    1 x MULLER RICE APPLE 190G £ 0.61 £ 0.25
    1 x TROPICANA ORIGINAL ORANGE 1.5LTR £ 2.71 £ 2.00
    1 x NESTLE COOKIE CRISP CEREAL 375G £ 2.09 £ 1.00
    1 x COLGATE MAX FRESH GREEN RRP 100ML £ 2.40 £ 1.00
    1 x CORNETTO ENIGMA RASPBERRY4 PACK 360ML £ 2.50 £ 1.00
    1 x TESCO SEMI- SKIMMED MILK 1.136LTR/2 PINTS £ 0.86 £ 0.86
    1 x LEES OF SCOTLANDSCOTTISH FUDGE BAR 60G £ 0.30 £ 0.30
    1 x KINGSMILL 50/50 MEDIUM 800G £ 1.00 £ 1.00
    1 x BANANAS LOOSE (0.755 kg) £ 0.51 £ 0.51
    1 x MULLERLIGHT VANILLA & CHOC YOGURT 165G £ 0.61 £ 0.25
    1 x TESCO ANTIBAC CLEANER SPRAY 500ML £ 1.40 £ 0.85
    1 x SURF SMALL & MIGHTY TROPICAL 28W 1 LITRE £ 4.49 £ 3.00
    1 x FINISH ALLIN 1 DISHWASHLEMON 56'S £ 12.98 £ 5.00

From two shops done yesterday. I've highlighted the toothpaste as I got the green one by mistake and it isn't on Asda's website. T have however, honoured the dtd!!!:T

It's only a game
    ~*~*~ We're only here to dream ~*~*~
  • NewStudent
    NewStudent Posts: 249 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For the spreadsheet
    4 x PRINCES TUNA CHUNKS IN S/FLWR OIL 185G £ 6.40 £ 4.00
    These were individual packs of tuna not the four pack.

3 x COCA COLA REGULAR 2 LTR BTL £ 5.34 N/A

Thanks x
  • quickthinkofsomething
    Options
    Originally Posted by Elenathion viewpost.gif
    ATTENTION PLEASE

We are trying out a big revamp of the spreadsheet which will make everything a lot easier. It is absolutely awesome and we can't wait to share it.
    While we are working on this, we cannot update the sheet and it will be difficult to go back and add past updates in, so please DO NOT POST FURTHER UPDATES UNTIL WE CONFIRM WE ARE READY.

Thanks a lot guys :):)

I will be reposting this notice throughout the day until we are ready. Thanks in advance for understanding and for your patience.
    **While this is happening, it is more important that ever that you use the spreadsheet as a guide and double check prices on Asda's website before shopping.**
    Clearly they [Tesco] found it hard to make a promise they couldn't keep." Asda Spokesperson.

I say Tesco found it EASY to make promises it still cannot keep.
  • Lyndylou
    Lyndylou Posts: 259 Forumite
    Options
    Shop 1 NEW FOR SPREADSHEET Bought 17/04 confirmed 18/04

TOTAL£ 23.97£ 13.50
    1 x KP DISCOS ASSORTED 6 PACK £ 1.58 £ 1.00
    1 x REAL MCCOYS MEATY CRISPS 6 PACK £ 1.70 £ 1.00
    1 x REAL MCCOYS CLASSIC CRISPS 6 PACK £ 1.70 £ 1.00
    2 x MORLINY WIEJSKA 100G £ 2.40 £ 1.50
    1 x COLGATE MAX FRESH GREEN RRP 100ML £ 2.40 £ 1.00
    1 x FILIPPO BERIO MILD & LIGHT OLIVE OIL 1LTR £ 5.20 £ 3.00
    1 x SURF SMALL & MIGHTY TROPICAL 1890ML £ 8.99 £ 5.00

Buy 2 of the Morliny as 2 for £1.50 in A
    Colgate is the new mouthwash beads one green one think they do a blue one to.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure