Best place to buy Nespresso compatible pods

Options
I have been given an Nespresso coffee maker.....and wondered where is the best/cheapest place to buy compatible pods.

Also trying to decipher the Italian on the pods....which is basically the nicest one...usually I just like kenco..lol and where to buy a variety with chocolate ones etc...

TIA

Comments

• antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    I have been given an Nespresso coffee maker.....and wondered where is the best/cheapest place to buy compatible pods.

Also trying to decipher the Italian on the pods....which is basically the nicest one...usually I just like kenco..lol and where to buy a variety with chocolate ones etc...

TIA

Aldi and LIDl sell their own brand. 10 for 1.69. Limited choice. But I like 'em.

Tesco etc sell Cafepod. Cafepod have their own website. 10 for 2.75 or so unless there's a deal. Or you buy in bulk direct.

Amazon and eBay have various alternatives. 20p a pod or so is doable. Not tried any yet.

Whatever you do, don't buy actual Nespresso pods from either Amazon or eBay sellers. They are cheaper on Nespresso.com.:) The little scammers want 50p a pod!

Don't know about ' chocolate ones'. I know that Nespresso do chocolate. But I'm only interested in class A caffeine.:)
  • meer53
    meer53 Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Personally, nothing beats the genuine Nespresso pods. I've tried the Aldi/Lidl/Cafepod ones, for me, none of them are as good as the Nespresso ones. They work out at about 30p ish each, cheap for a nice coffee.
  • antrobus
    antrobus Posts: 17,386 Forumite
    Options
    meer53 wrote: »
    Personally, nothing beats the genuine Nespresso pods. I've tried the Aldi/Lidl/Cafepod ones, for me, none of them are as good as the Nespresso ones. They work out at about 30p ish each, cheap for a nice coffee.

Yes. Some of the Nespresso pods are pretty damn good. Kazaar and Dharkan for example. But that's my opinion. Nespresso.com prices are between 31p and 39p per pod. And you need to order 200 capsules to get free delivery. Of course you my have a Nespresso Boutique (aka a 'shop') nearby.

31p per pod is certainly cheaper (and possibly better) than getting one from Costa. But 17p per pod is a lot less, and man does not live by fillet steak alone.:)
  • happybunny86
    Options
    Asda do some extra special ones and some Taylor’s of Harrogate which are nice
    Pay off Debts by Christmas 2015 = DEBT FREE! :)
  • DonnaElmore
    DonnaElmore Posts: 27 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You can try local shops or those online sellers. There are thousands out there, and I can’t point out the best one since they differ in so many things like the brand and types of pods they sell. But if you want an easy way to find a coffee pod seller, I suggest that you check out online. Honestly, it just took me less than an hour to find a seller who offers several products (coffee and hot chocolate pods) I’m looking for. Visiting local shops can be time-consuming and tiring as you might have to jump from one store to another. Anyway, hope this helps. :)
    “The happier you are the more beautiful you become.”
  • bargainbetty
    bargainbetty Posts: 3,455 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Amazon sell Eden pods and there is a company called Moving Beans online - both of them sell compostable pods. Much better than the aluminium or plastic pods.
    Some days, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps....
    LB moment - March 2006. DFD - 1 June 2012!!! DEBT FREE!

May grocery challenge £45.61/£120
  • MysteryMe
    MysteryMe Posts: 3,052 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    If you are a member of Costco they have a 2 week £5 off discount on Dualit Nespresso compatible pods starting 10th June. Either Intense or Lungo

120 pods for £14.99

Haven't tried them so can't comment on taste/quality.
  • PLRFD
    PLRFD Posts: 1,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are excellent.
  • prowla
    prowla Posts: 13,162 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The Nespresso ones are probably the best.
    Cru Kafe ones are nearly as good as Nespresso's own.
    Starbucks ones are pretty good.
    Tesco own brand ones are quite good, but they seem to be a bit too densely packed so my machine struggles.
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    Amazon's own range are pretty good £8.23 for 100 or £7.41 on subscribe and save

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/s?k=nespresso+solimo&ref=nb_sb_noss_2
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport