a+l

Options
hi, i have a question relating to loan insurance. over a year ago, i took out a loan with alliance and leicster. of course, they tried to push the payment protection and i said no but they also pushed an insurance policy in case i die. they said, if i don't have th epoloicy and i die, then my mother would have to pay what i owe. is this true? to be honest, i'm cancelling it anyway but want to wait and see if i have a claim for mis-selling of the policy. I've been reading a lot about people reclaimng PPI money paid. I'm digging out the paperwork tonight to have a look but what are people's thoughts?

Comments

• natweststaffmember
    Options
    geordiead wrote: »
    hi, i have a question relating to loan insurance. over a year ago, i took out a loan with alliance and leicster. of course, they tried to push the payment protection and i said no but they also pushed an insurance policy in case i die. they said, if i don't have th epoloicy and i die, then my mother would have to pay what i owe. is this true? to be honest, i'm cancelling it anyway but want to wait and see if i have a claim for mis-selling of the policy. I've been reading a lot about people reclaimng PPI money paid. I'm digging out the paperwork tonight to have a look but what are people's thoughts?

Your estate would be liable for it, but if the estate could not pay it off then it is unlikely that they would pursue her for monies owed. I am not sure it is misselling but it might be worth having a look as you have said you will do at the paperwork. If you are ineligible for any of the exclusions then it may well have been missold to you.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family