How to reclaim PPI when have no paperwork

Options
Hello

Apologies if this has been covered previously.

How do I get PPI refunded without having account numbers or any statements, without using one of the PPI companies who take 40%?

I have had numerous store cards and credit cards dating back 20 years. Those accounts were closed many years ago. Is it possible to start a claim on my own?

Many thanks

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    You don't make a claim. You send in a complaint as to why it was mis sold.

Write to the lenders you believe you had PP, but be prepared for them to have no records.

Under no circumstances use a claims company.
  • Wanton
    Wanton Posts: 173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    You can complete a form on the lenders website, the FCA website has links to specific pages and other advice https://www.fca.org.uk/ppi/how-to-check
  • Brandynginger
    Options
    Wanton wrote: »
    You can complete a form on the lenders website, the FCA website has links to specific pages and other advice

thanks this is by far the most helpful website ever!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello

Apologies if this has been covered previously.

How do I get PPI refunded without having account numbers or any statements, without using one of the PPI companies who take 40%?

I have had numerous store cards and credit cards dating back 20 years. Those accounts were closed many years ago. Is it possible to start a claim on my own?

Many thanks

Claims firms cannot get this data, they have the same access methods as you do such as ringing up each lender and asking them - that is literally all they do which you can do as well.

Best thing is to think about every lender you have used (last 6 years are on the credit file - check for free on Noddle / ClearScore / MSE credit club) and then write to them (probably easier as you can list old addresses, old names etc) and see what they can find
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure