Thoughts on Boom25?

Silvester89
Silvester89 Posts: 120 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post
edited 7 December 2017 at 11:06AM in Boost your income
I came across a link for Boom25.com on MSE about 5 weeks ago and I genuinely think I'm ready to pack in using Quidco and TopCashback.

They are a bit different to the mainstream cashback websites in that rather than getting a few quid here and there, you have the chance of winning the full value of your order with no limit. And even if you don't win, they give you 50p bonus you can withdraw when you do win.

In the space of about 5 weeks I've made just over £65 which is loads more than I normally get through Quidco or TopCashback. It seems to track and pay out so much quicker too! The website suggests it can take 7-92 days to payout, but I've generally had my prizes paid out within 2 weeks on average. JustEeat took 5 days!

Has anyone else been using Boom25 and if so, what are your thoughts so far? Everyone seems to have heard of Quidco and TopCashback, but no one seems to have heard of Boom25 when I bring it up in conversation.

Comments

• PurpleJay
    PurpleJay Posts: 526 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I have never heard of it either. I have just had a google and would be interested to hear others thoughts.

Edit. Sorry sig is totally out of date. Usually just untick it!
    'Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain'
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Because boom25 is like the lottery , you could win but more than likely you won't

Least I know there's a good chance of get my cashback from topcashback or quidco

You are gambling on winning
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,299 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    And no referral links here please
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • natty16
    natty16 Posts: 418 Forumite
    I joined with Boom25 at the beginning of October this year. For many years I have used both Quidco and TopCashBack and in total have earned around £1500 from the two of them.

Boom25 has over 600 retailers to purchase from - admittedly there are a lot I have never heard of and am unlikely to use but there are some big websites such as Argos, George at Asda, New Look, Boots, Very and Just Eat.

I found it a thrill that instead of earning somewhere between 1-5% of my online spend, I could win my entire amount whether it be £5 or £600 - there is no upper limit.

Well I started to use Boom25 for my Just Eat initially as I would only usually earn under £1 cashback from Quidco. Unfortunately I am yet to win from my Just Eat purchases BUT I have now won by money back 5 times from Very, Wilkos and The Entertainer and have received just short of £300 back.

You can have to wait up to 92 days to find out if you were the 25th purchaser but a lot of the time it is a lot quicker than that to receive your email informing you if you have won or not.

If you win then within a few hours of receiving the winning email and claiming your money back the money is in your PayPal account - it is so easy.

If you aren't successful and receive a losing email - you still receive 50p that goes into your bonus money account and once you receive your first win then your bonus money is automatically added to it.

The extra £300 I have received has come in so handy just before Xmas - you don't have to wait any length of time for the money to become payable and the payment is instant.
  • Silvester89
    Silvester89 Posts: 120 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 7 December 2017 at 4:41PM
    Browntoa wrote: »
    Because boom25 is like the lottery , you could win but more than likely you won't

Least I know there's a good chance of get my cashback from topcashback or quidco

You are gambling on winning

I know it's a gamble, but I find I'm more inclined to remember to use Boom25 vs Quidco or Topcashback. I think it's probably for the same reason I prefer putting money in premium bonds vs a bog standard savings account. It's more exciting! I may find that in the long run it doesn't pay off, but so far I'm making far more than I ever did with Quidco or Topcashback.
  • I've never noticed if you can do this with other cashback websites, but it seems to work with reserve and collect as well. I've reserved an item for collection from Curry's today and it's tracked it as a purchase. I imagined it would only work if I was to pay online, but it seems that's not the case!
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    MSE_Rhiannon Posts: 151 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary First Post Car Insurance Carver! Energy Saving Champion
    edited 13 August 2018 at 5:48PM
    Re-opening thread as we've a deal - if you'd like, you can see all the details here, along with more information: Boom25.
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • tonycottee
    tonycottee Posts: 1,331 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    It's heartwarming that we're now allowed to discuss Boom25 because MSE can now make money from it.
  • MSE_Rhiannon
    MSE_Rhiannon Posts: 151 MSE Staff
    First Anniversary First Post Car Insurance Carver! Energy Saving Champion
    edited 13 August 2018 at 5:50PM
    tonycottee wrote: »
    It's heartwarming that we're now allowed to discuss Boom25 because MSE can now make money from it.
    You're of course free to comment on whatever you'd like whenever you'd like :) The thread closed on its own and I had to comment to keep it open as it's linked to from the deal. Hope that helps explain a little more.
    Keeper of: Supermarket coupons, Birthday freebies, School holidays & Cheap perfume guides.
    Follow us on Twitter to grab the latest MSE Deals.
  • I love Boom25, i have won over £200 back through cashback and also comps that they run on the facebook page

I would highly reccomend using it, i have used discount codes and transactions have still tracked however be warned sometimes retailers can decline them

I am a member of quidco and topcashback and will always weight up what is the best but to be honest i like the thrill of possibly winning my money back so i tend to use boom now

If you dont win you get a small bonus, this has recently changed to 0.10p but they also run offers, i.e. make a transaction in the next 2 hours and get £3 bonus which is a great way to get free cash

You dont have to withdraw straight away either as you can save them up ( 6 months max) and then withdraw, winnings take 21 working days to reach paypal which is quite long winded compared to when it was first set up, but i imagine this is due to the popularity of boom, they also have an option to use instant pay ( 2 working days) there is a small fee for it but if you need the cash i would reccomend this

I would definately reccomend using boom25, if you are buying something anyway then why not?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback