IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

UKPC private parking charge

Options

Comments

• joncass
    joncass Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-Mad,
    Yes, unfortunately I have named the driver in the original letter sent directly to UKPC:mad:

I realise now that has scuppered my chances but I'm still going ahead with the POPLA
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,777 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    We agree you should continue to POPLA, and if you lose at POPLA, don't pay them. You don't have to pay, POPLA isn't binding on you, and a driver can defend in small claims (we win them too - no risk of a CCJ or huge costs even if not).

But MSE's advice should have changed to match this forum's proven winning advice, YEARS ago

However, you may well win at POPLA anyway, UKPC often lose even in these circs.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • joncass
    Options
    Appeal submitted!
  • joncass
    Options
    Hi,
    I just received an email from POPLA saying that UKPC have uploaded their evidence and that I have 7 days to provide comments.
    What is the next step?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    joncass wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just received an email from POPLA saying that UKPC have uploaded their evidence and that I have 7 days to provide comments.
    What is the next step?

Read their evidence through and rebut any and everything that is fundamentally wrong, or not quite right, or that you disagree with.

POPLA may work on the basis that unless you rebut a point, you tacitly accept it is correct.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • paulstevens64
    Options
    Two straightforward choices when faced with an evidence pack at POPLA:

1) Don' bother reading. Do not respond. Let POPLA assume that everything the lying cheating parking company have said in their evidence is true. Await the outcome.

2) Read the evidence. Rebut every point. E.G. pick holes and dispute everything. Make it clear that they are lying.

Your choice
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You need to look through what UKPC have provided and rebut everything that's wrong with it.

Search this forum for "UKPC POPLA evidence rebuttal" or something like that and check anything up to 4 months old for guidance.
  • joncass
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. I have tried to read the evidence pack but it will not download properly, I am met with this gobbledygook! I have copied and pasted a section of it below.

‰PNG IHDR/îf`öUsRGB®Î!gAMA±üa pHYsÃÃÇo¨dÿ¥IDATx^ìý‡7Ö?Žÿþ€ïçÙz¯©žM©[²ÉnvÓ !½÷!½WR6 $¡÷Þm°!L1Ʀ÷Þ{/ÆÆðœßyI3Ý™ëk‚ýgÎëuŽ4GÒ‘ôfîÿbŠ)¦˜bŠ)¦˜N#ŠÁKL1ÅSL1ÅtZQ^bŠ)¦˜bŠ)¦ÓŠbðSL1ÅSL1Vƒ—˜bŠ)¦˜bŠ!´¢¼ÄSL1ÅSL§Åà%¦˜bŠ)¦˜b:!(/1ÅSL1ÅÓiE1x‰)¦˜bŠ)¦˜N+ŠÁKL1ÅSL1ÅtZQ^bŠ)¦˜bŠ)¦ÓŠbðSL1ÅSL1Vƒ—˜bŠ)¦˜bŠ!´¢¼ÄSL1ÅSL§Åà%¦˜bŠ)¦˜b:!(/1ÅSL1ÅÓiE1x‰)¦˜bŠ)¦˜N+ŠÁKL1ÅSL1ÅtZQ^bŠ)¦˜bŠ)¦ÓŠbðSL1ÅSL1Vƒ—˜bŠ)¦˜bŠ!´¢¼ÄSL1ÅSL§Åà%¦˜bŠ)¦˜b:!(/1ÅSL1ÅÓiE1x‰)¦˜bŠ)¦˜N+ŠÁKL1ÅSL1ÅtZQ^bŠ)¦˜bŠ)¦ÓŠbðSL1ÅSL1Vƒ—˜bŠ)¦˜bŠ!´¢¼ÄSL1ÅSL§Åà%¦ G…;—P֐îôË·_ÒÇo·£wÞû„¾þîW1‹Vì(¤Z¯¬èÄ‘-´pâêÙñ{jÿÉ{ôNÛ·!£O¿¦: ¢ñyëh‘V<:~€Ö玡þ¢ï>û€Þi÷.}öõ©S¯!”½|ý–¬c:…t¶S!Ž%”=ªuüê#zÿÍ7èõ—_§·Þýˆ¾!؏2g¯¦ýÅZ1¦˜~ôÇ/Ũç?êQú©pº !Ÿ!¶û^¤/!åжBG2:¾†ßwnb^½@“÷i$T¼¡;ýÓM›„Ïmz%Ýô·Së§Þ¤GÌ¥]¡#b1mèþ'!ôÝ’è8´:µ¼ÐIÃ|Í«”¶Ñ\äM}!â`üyÑøý:Z(ìÚõ¨Ùc#hËq!FÇ7SÿÛƒiþ!WZ“tÄ/¤m3ºRÛ_IçØ!¸5oÙ†:MÙÄ)N%ÓÞC!‹Gn¤‹B¯kq“¿Ñ3_§eR‡QÅ»çÑàZÓMç…ägñ9—ßA¯ÿšE›Žê„¡T†!’rkLM/º‚nøÇýôÒû?ҐY%·ÇÁ¬èÒ@çÓã”ÝØ1”î®gǝ_!N®ä—š'Ò©m'TgȘÐôq™¼¡hKßÓÔý;u^ցŽÓþ…ƒèÃVÍ!ü€~_z½Ñy!:Å æøöaôÀ9‰×»ôùITò°îËQÜøœ‹èº¿ßO/֏fGꥇëŸK—\}+=ðâç4 g[¸‡õ‰¾¥¥‘m_@K¿ÿ;5²õÁ ÿC=“‚Üîƒî£Ýt7µ§EZ¥Ñ¼ôø»Ó°)r£^§a«’{ÀñMý!Þa!/¤§3v—xÇ_¼¡Ý–6u¾à¶iü6wd!ÎÝ!VG÷z!6 ¼¬ ^5uô™/ž†!·Óðàþ¼£wÎ#‰à%!ÚàË©Íä½ÑõÁ“d¿Ûœ4·ü ^Ž®¡a¯ÝHmý¹!ÝüÒ@ZyDçñ[¨xe}~Gâ Q_ùu_t¨¿(¤ÍïÑ!!ƒ{R¾!)ê™w¶Ëoèc—ÝÑŽ.‰®€—f4çÐcxBwâNŽ¯~Ë/%!·MeÑN¨Îð1!ÊקÐÞ膢-}nwÒü…:%€—BZ?ôº& W2_ò@7Zv*!ÐqÚÜÿîðŽž¤±»#©)Ê—Sàz7ÒCV3TÒɏÃõ!æ׆ÐêÄûD‹o’€öçý3è+4ÌWµ™ÎžA‹!›ëÝ4M!ÙŒ%Œ1§'Åà¥4|Ý{4c_ä0CzÝ‘ˆ–5_ðà(ÚY‚ýVð>÷Ž_iE—”¼®£ÁO]êè2_ö ^ãêÿðÂÜâ3Ê?¬Õ\* x9²”ºÜ¶Räfõ¢U%Üý&¥âm4!å«C!N‰›>JÖEIž\Võzœ®K— 7¼¾šFÊ°]~kkx+}2i[˜H¿_ðRV!„ꌮ§/ò"*%ðR¸ä¿ô€Nê|MÛi9–†Ø_zÿ«~è5Ö=—YÒÄûÀ‹ps!`!¾À5~ë8|ûӃusàm¸=!IºØNnðoê¹.l ¿+qbº!ÇУheGgkD—!5 »ûnâ®Maæ¦öKÂ'vÉ#ëÆÑ—w$î±¹æÝ<òWuS/ÅÛiÜ›-æfORÿ•QÓ!o/Ì綦ACj$EðrdÞçt£!#܈n{7Ö !²…Û(»ý‰ƒØ…ORFIËb!tbW=2ažû÷·iØâ<…8T¼‹ò{½@×:! ëÞ@ß»`²`µ¿ÁÕCÞïÒÈaŠhÛôôè%‰iš=I» Ê°]Â!Ø!h[‚Á'¨`Û<!ótsÈ£Ö¦¥%¬T&/‘t„æ~à‚ò;hÈŽ’Ú;EðR¦!„êL¶ p=80lLI¼È¦WšÚñõèü{ºÑÊÐ µ€Vtm•ðXô–ÿ.›R¥"ZÙ!¯<6¼8ø©þ¨˜/z”ÂøfèÄaZ›ùÝ“°!&ê` ꩏Ã'èðš±ôåçtÁùѺ8YðÂtdÁ×t‹ÜðNêµ>8ž!A¸rÞÝ}hC²ª;Í)/ÉœˆõûÜå ߆!(}·Ž÷¨–wSPï†/ið›WÃnëFë’8S!À‹"ܹüËIsn«1|_e¨„Î}|eô—ÄÇ]=F}V$[8à…ùÒçÇÑ.w–Oe’<±“2ŸjÔa¾¦Í$ڝìN!ÄnÊjs¥“®Ý7lGÈD“ŒŠi};÷ÙÜð ÍJºž^@Ë:ÞAç:!nþÞžNÐî±Ï&.·øfFot*\Ý—>ßIÇw‚VFÙµKÊàÅÐ ÚŸû5Ýæ®ÄÔûõt:Ëï¼”u;¡:“æ‹^ q;ªDðrbÇà„Çl÷ß©cC¨p)}!ÈHaCm*\Fÿ½1˜çÍ_¢·½wt[ÇE¥/B¬ßën§ÿ5¢Öiþ ^Úq¸xCoº·aPÿÜViäåøÀØGSÛ\LË|õ›3! V¡ã;(!@]KŸD>V¬ƒ—¤NÄw?ÝÔç¦Çz§+]L!¯³u¸~»”öæ¾C¶ÂÖýýêN6x¡Ã¹ôîÁ4 ÿ=Œv!hÎ5ºssÇÈm{ÂDÚ°!#ÔkyI;òN xiX÷!`–³šÂ$y|!@ºÇ½co!e¦°‚R´º;µ¾êº¼™!Ë!_ŸäQ©ºzÑêò7ç!u¯¤wfDn§!ißz¶I0!ùõ'‚ã[hÈÝîrñôÖôT–€Tõ¼3¡M¯ûdžõh¬ìÚ%´%/ Ÿ^LÃüÏîØRŸ~wà¥ÌÛ ÕYxa¾îÝYþD&”xÙ6þˆÇjAÄ#q¡BÚ8¡õì֍zhî;fE!!ŒC…‹¾¢6ÜHß/ÝKsÞqn.þ!3!Š6K^¸ë®ì@ è×£Ûº!÷|!ÔãpÑJêxsP¿!ß»‘7MüðÂt|Ëzâ'}û¨¾@!ò[6}dD ÛNŠÁK àeuÇ[‚!@º¬ ‚—‚¹ŸÐuÝyϦw.·ÃëÑ-ß/K‚àO¼ìŸLÏ9!ÅOOæ¡×PDç^´‹æÿx]gn!õXšÊ«'^®¥§îuÒýå{ZbØ)L’{3Jxüse›YtHÇ—9!J£ÖÎÝVÃæ_Ó’”î¦Ñê¬tJ9Êã1ÙëýIko&=ê>OoÞ>µ¼™NìCOºwõ7þ`=î,»v !c%‚Ü„O7Ûi˜›>1lw!݁—2o§ð1¡ùã-zø+ýwq ¡J~l´ =—ðÈ!Zzæ§q´¸¾…„ÈyŸ\¼¾‹Ï~›®¶ÃëÞD?,‹5K^VýLè×£[;!ù àe5ýâ‚—¿v¦µ§¼8®êtGÂY~‹Aë‰4ýË! ëÞLß/Ž.E¡¼$s"¾³v¿³§¤ÞÝ42°ºz˜òÞuy“Øašý¦³äwÝ—´(âz¥/…´ºû½Î$ސî°ÙÚoÖ¹¯¢Þj™¸“ý‚û¨ËâTï¥N¼ÜJ]sÒ£A»1ÝÛc CEM%N’4?!Ný\z,!7-b—Š æF-ׯG—¿6㔀§‚ùŸ'ä `–ò]î‰-4èßÁô µ¦ïYbYµÓI‚:4ƒÞp7TßðÙsÖï ¼”};… ·uΡA];ï®´Öo¨’Áˉ”þ`È7©4_ÜâNzæ!ï¨oF>m:T·ð‡çÐûÎã¡¿ÖcÝ!zÛ¹!»!Ë…ã`iÁ×͐ÖÎM[}ºw„?¨—v>¾e=è€ØFwðW¿3xa:<—¾t_ƒnx7õÊ!C÷5 †_!â*ñ ! @1x‰r¢£›)ûÇŸg_÷-¶õÍ¢v—uìŽvhV[ºÒŠkX÷Ïôq~øÊFX§iöÀ—ÔÕZªîÚ™:¶ÿˆÚÜw]â÷®lCYç!a;‚Ϲ—ºÛ»ä“ÒɃ—ëÐªÎÿ.™7y’Ò·ëA²ÄIr?MxÄxo ï—¦jûo§“žNøÝ!=6Z ñäiÿøÇ6GÞÑK)Pž»ôÎwc?{,˪]˜N¼ðÝkç¿8!.›r-$ð{/eßN!cqYÙ…î¬ü5¥gFm×þ—xa:4çSº) Åçе·=LmÛ¤œM§dUæÐLw\lN_/ôFMÊq÷y\ýÍ 6K^ iË´!ag£2®Ý~‘¯_ðR¸yuxÀñæ¾ZìëŸ ðµ¾wÒk ¯ãŸÛ¬qà¼aý;¨«ÓΕbðR÷Bºæºë!¦†[P‹+£_«kñið™ôi¯ÐeëèË–ƒ›7/µãëÑÕ!rBïÎÂ:M©øÒ‡©{Â#ŸR€æÆ·~OSºuü à[àÌ§on²Ã¹^Úd©ï#”8Iî¢QÿqâëþƒzmƒÅ´¾WKºâü¨i¾²õä_—uh_Æý ûî™°“û¤h÷ˆ;ùbC!ƒ¥YUÂr÷òk!!ùÆ/˪]˜N¼œØNƒþ!¤»ðʲü!÷^ʾPaà{ŽÐ‚¯—.oKSUC¥^°2¼¼÷Ó¥üHݹt!Ã_PÆz{,- ì—›!½öZh›3Û8õôNNè¨:¾]teskL¿žn¼öªèW›¯ý”¬*‡/¸Šn°ò»©ùµtMä'5¸ ç2<à…©x3 {(ñÍ&›¯Á£$!^Ñ)/¥!&Ó°Mö~—}4!Yg€»ös²±:êÌםo;4{¦‡ìëüMàåÚ7(csâ.xßô!,Ú_ÒØþ[ÁßIìŸñ¶3pÞH_Îåê¤ÀË!Ô3ô½À"Z!Ë_ÝþGoÚ\ð2æ>¼Ô§–e^ÓC¥œWü7qRüÌP˪]˜~xì‚—!Ÿ¤I§x9Õ!>&(ðÂUòÖ›?ŸË$Uð:NWŽ£NmZÒµ¥ù{…s©Ýå$Ò¾‰ô‚³!Ñâ³ù›B:0ƒÚ8¯“_þjvÈÄ\!ñ-ÈM!É¡Á×ÍëMäŏ ~·!T¦Â?ÓQßH:ç>˜Ÿ*6Åà%Unt;}1m§^–Utb÷XzÆÙÞÜy[tp!kt¹¥ƒ!â¤ÄAî·vš†M¦~ ”KÒ¹ÿü Êü*ä+›WÐã‚eM¤ß ^˜Žï¤Ìg/ Ä7þ篴²`S “ä~šðØyÁøº-è›ÐMje^Lz*!±Ñ?{ž¢ÇFãIXùû÷À!¥{!î÷,¼G‚eÕ.L'^ŠÖ$>6ºäušim"!Ý=6*!v xðØ™ñ]bÇ×ÿu^Y@›S/>?¼™NB?{ƒž¸£Eâ#s—oø‚槲·?@'hwæ“Nß 6EhÆ«—X:ÌMŸù¸ß^ÓŸNKø$Ào‡Ï»!3Êv_]?…àÔò>nÌK!MŸÏc!ãP^Jâ!®¥{^!@×q¥´+!aç™wSz¼ÛDš1}zÇu¤{Ûzõè¢'Æ&lª ë4ß!}÷Ý÷ô_‹¿ûâCj÷\Kjr§t^ËAÎ㏈Î}Íë”.²X@
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,
    What is the next step?

Do yourself a big favour, learn from history about UKPC

You will see all about these cowboys
    http://parking-prankster.blogspot.co.uk/search?q=UKPC
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Thanks everyone for your quick responses. I have tried to read the evidence pack but it will not download properly, I am met with this gobbledygook! I have copied and pasted a section of it below.

Yes just code.

Try asking your browser to open it in a new browser.
    Google will do this, not sure about microsoft
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport