paypal fee increase

Options
I can't find the actual direct link but will continue to look. Meanwhile this is the Tamebay explanation:

https://tamebay.com/2019/06/paypal-tiered-rate-replaces-paypal-merchant-rate.html

Basically for anyone other than the massive sellers the increase will mean paying 30p + 2.9% instead of 20p + 3.4% (possibly- as that doesn't tally with other announcements I've read)

For low cost items it is definitely worth looking at a micro aco!!!! as well as a standard paypal account. The cut off for getting a benefit from the micro account is currently around £9, but with this increase it might push up a little.

If anyone can find the actual announcement please add it to this thread- thank you
I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport