Contract Advice

Options
I purchased a holiday through Sykes and there were a number of things wrong - which I did mention on the actual holiday. Each time I contact them they say that my contract is with the owner of the property and not them as stated on their website. What I don't understand is how can I have a contract with an unknown person whose details am I unable to obtain?

Comments

• p00hsticks
    p00hsticks Posts: 12,835 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Were you not given the owners details as part of the booking confirmation / arrival details ?

I've not used Sykes, but other agencies I've booked holiday accomodation through always include the owners contact details in the pack that they send with how to get there, where to pick up the key etc....
  • WeAreGhosts
    WeAreGhosts Posts: 3,100 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've asked this before and it still stumps me.

On most holidays I've booked - with Sykes, and others - all you get is housekeeper/cleaner details. On rare occasions, the details for the owner are in the cottage.

Have you asked Sykes how you can have a contract with an unknown person?

If any clued-up people are reading - is it even legal to say someone has a contract with a person they don't have any details for?
  • Belle05
    Options
    Hi Thanks for the replies! No we were not given the details by the company and they will not release details of the owner to us so that we may contact them directly. Any suggestions would be appreciated!
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I suspect their booking conditions claim that they only act as a booking agent for the owners or managing agents. That is a perfectly legal position to take but if they do not, or worse still, refuse to disclose the principal to the contract, they must accept full responsibility themselves

I would write once more saying that unless the principal is disclosed, you will take legal action against them directly and do so if the problems were serious enough to warrant it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure