***New*** Thrifty Gifty Money Making for Christmas and all occasions 2011***

Options

Comments

• rufusdog52
    rufusdog52 Posts: 3,972 Forumite
    Options
    I'll introduce myself to all the newbies, lovely to see so many joining us already.

I am a stay at home mum with a daugther 15 at home, and OH who works shifts, sometimes he is on days sometimes nights. Ialso have two older children, my son who has given us one grandson, and my daughter who has given us two grandson's and a grandaughter.

I joined these threads may be three or four years ago now and they are the best thing I have ever done. I have been money neutral for all occasions ever since and had money over to spend on my hobbies. I like anything to do with crafts especially sewing, I leanred how to quilt last year and have made quilts for presents last Christmas and this year and have some to do for next year already. I also like making jewellery and knitting.

I belong to a few survey sites, I do daily clicks on some of the cash back sites too (although been very slack this last month), and I do reviews on Dooyoo (also very slack this last month). I have two £15 vouchers pending on Toluna (Amazon) which will make a start for next years presents. I have started to make a few things out of the fabrics I have left over from my quilting to see if I can get a stall in the summer somewhere.

Looking forward to another year of helping each other out with ideas and support, thanks to Jamtart for her help over the last few years and to Elysia for taking up the reins for this next year, Rufus xx
  • gemini12
    gemini12 Posts: 391 Forumite
    Options
    Hello can I join please. I posted a couple of times on the 2919 thread but hopefully 2011 is the year we start to sort ourselves out financially.
    Just a quick bit about me I am on ESA and my Oh is on incapacity benefit so not a lot of money to spare. I have been doing some surveys so have a couple of vouchers towards next year. We have very little family so presents are not too big an issue but if I can make enough to cover occasions next year I will be over the moon. :j
  • esmer
    esmer Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    Options
    susan42 wrote: »
    Hi elysia, i`m here, big thanks for opening this one, just downloaded my spreadsheet. Thanks Jam tart

What on the spreadsheet?
    Saving 2.00 coins
    Grocerys set to 40.00 pw
    Being Thrifty
  • esmer
    esmer Posts: 1,444 Forumite
    Options
    I will introduce myself properly. I am Kimberly, a single mum to one a gorgeous daughter Natasha who is three in Jan. I work fulltime to support us both. I was too late to join this year, so im making a good start this year. :)
    Saving 2.00 coins
    Grocerys set to 40.00 pw
    Being Thrifty
  • elysia2003
    elysia2003 Posts: 5,155 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Esmer the spreadsheet can be downloaded on the first post. It's very helpful for entering all your totals in. I accidently deleted mine last year (oops), so I had to go into each site and figure out how much I had earned. I've downloaded mine again already - it'll be great to see the totals mount up. ;)

Hello Gemini - It's lovely to see you again.

Uh Oh - gotta go - our puppy thinks he's in the andrex ad and is shredding toilet paper!!!!!!!!!!!!:rotfl:
    I :heartpuls M.S.E.
    :DMortgage Free 18/01/10 13 years and 8 months early on a 20 year mortgage! :D
  • Georgiegirl2012
    Options
    Good morning and merry Christmas Eve

Please may I join in with this for 2011?

Since registering with the forums about a month ago, I've been exploring and got a little carried away with saying "ooh let me join" on half the threads I've found - at this rate I'll be making £10 a day with one group, £11,000 with another, saving all my pennies with a third, making my own bread, clothes, cards and growing vegetables, paying off my mortgage and debts so that I can be completely debt free by the time the Olympics come round.

And on top of all that I'll be grabbing it while I can.

Surely somewhere in all that I'll manage to find some gifts for other folks. :rotfl: But only when I'm not filling in online surveys, daily clicking and mystery shopping.

Ridiculously excited about 2011 now. But really should sort out tomorrow first.:EasterBun(you get the chocolate smilie coz i haven't got the Christmas tree up yet, but I do have lots of chocolate)
  • NickyBo_2
    Options
    Oooh, a lovely new thread, it's so exciting!
    Since we have lots of new members already (hi! :beer:), I'll introduce myself. My name is Nicky and I am married with a 3 year old son. I work full time but still found it possible to make quite a bit of money through surveys and review sites last year, so it is possible to do even if you're super busy :D.

This will be my third year with the Thrifty Gifty threads and I have found them really helpful and everyone is so lovely. I started really well with the money making last year but then we moved house and everything went to pieces. I had no internet access for a few months so I couldn't keep up with all the surveys etc. However that means I've got a great headstart for this year as I didn't reach the payout level so have lots of points in various places:

Toluna - 43,000 so halfway there already :)
    Onepoll - £8.85, quite a way to go but I'll focus on this one mainly as the surveys are so quick.
    Dooyoo - 1220 miles, again, a long way to go but it all helps!
    Topcashback - £5.50ish, should be paid in January.

I feel really inspired to make oodles of money and be as money neutral as possible next year!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone :D
    Making money for Christmas 2012!
  • susan42
    susan42 Posts: 1,449 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone new and old

wd mum2one on your totals,

rufus - hi

caroline - congrats on the baby and welcome

georgiegirl - wd on joining all those threads, I joined 3 last year and finished using 2, couldnt keep up

esmer - i downloaded spreadsheet, just to see if I can be money neutral next year, i had a good go this year but lost track, on the spreadsheet you can fill in money from surveys / cashback, vouchers received, peoples presents, real cost and savings. etc

Hi elysia

By the way, i`m susan, have a lovely OH, when I go on hols I usually disappear and dont tell anyone because I paranoid about burgulars....I have twins 18 DS and DD, and a welsh corgi.

I love bargains and have already bought on the BHS sale, money from cashback. I also spent all my nectar points on amazon to start new year afresh. (All the things I bought on amazon are craft related so I can do a xmas fair in November, already signed upto 2)

Elysia - quick question, are we putting makes on here thats for xmas or to make money?

PS when I post I tend to ramble on so please forgive me in advance, and please forgive me if I havent mentioned you, I`m sure we will all be great friends as time go on.

And if you want to see my blog or anyone elses , click on out name and goto our home page.....whew , whew
    Challenge 2018 - Learn by heart the Book by Wayne Morgan on Amazon - Betfair Football Trading as it helps to supplement my small income :beer:
  • Skiergirl
    Options
    Hi
    Can I join in again please, I'm more of a lurker than a poster, and haven't worked out my totals from this year yet :o
    My resolution - download the spreadsheet :rotfl:
  • pammyj74
    pammyj74 Posts: 3,290 Forumite
    edited 24 December 2010 at 7:14PM
    Options
    Hi All, I'm sneaking in the back door ashamed that I have been MIA on the 2010 for most of it. I am generally making most of my effort of being mortgage free but of course making money for presents coincides with that as it saves me money which then goes on the mortgage :D

This week already I have received a £10 asda voucher from maximiles (prev iPoints), £10 capital bonds from Ipsos, £10 Argos voucher from VO.
    I am at 1005 pts on mysurvey (prev Lightspeed) and have already had £16 this month from them. Another 145 pts will give me another £10
    I am at 750 pts/1000 on Global Test Market, they have many surveys a day if you can be bothered to do them. 1000 pts is about £32 ($50) and they were quite quick sending it out.
    Am at £47 on new vista, back down to £7.95 on onepoll - make sure you check there a few times a day to catch the surveys.

So is there a post of ALL the surveys we do? That would be useful with a note under each one. Then you can just point newbies in the right direction. (EDIT) just saw your link to the old thread about the surveys but could we do something similar with links? I also dont agree about maximiles as I have had a voucher already and am at 404/3000 already for another voucher, they also do videos which you get 5 points for watching and rating
    I tend to spend most of my evenings doing surveys but you can see that it makes money :) I might go back onto toluna again.

Bingoport I have had £15 amazon vouchers this month, that site has been brilliant this year. You can definitely get at least £10 amazon vouchers a month there.

Ebay I have made about £500 this year.

I'll introduce myself also, I'm Pam, single mother of 3 - 16, 9 and 7. They are my life. I work part time as an admin clerk for a family plumbing firm. I am attempting to reduce my mortgage term and in the last 18 months I have taken off 10 years :j This was mostly due to rates reducing and upping my payments as well as overpaying what I can.
    I dont have many people to buy for at xmas, probably about 14 adults and 2 kids (reducing the kids every year in agreement with friends lol) and bdays about the same.
    So heres hoping for a frugal, money making, successful 2011 :D
    MPs left feb '08 276- Dec 13 36 :T MB Jan 10 ~ £82,377 Dec 13 ~ £29987
    EMFD was Feb 32 :eek: NOW Dec 2013 its Dec 2016
    MF new target Dec 16 REACHED!! :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business