BOS/Halifax They Can't Find Loan Information

Options
Hello everyone,

I sent the Halifax/Bank of Scotland a request to check if I had any PPI for a mortgage and loan I had with The Bank of Scotland. They informed me that I did not have PPI on the mortgage and they could not find the loan and would not be taking it any further unless I could provide any additional information. I do not have the loan number but it was paid by standing order out of my current account (the same one which I currently have). I have statements showing the standing order being taken out of my account on a set date. I thought they would just have been able to look back and identify the loan through my existing bank account. I paid the remainder of the loan off in 2005, so maybe this is too far back? I am not sure how to proceed, or of I can proceed any further. The loan was taken out at a branch. Is there any point in sending a SAR or alternatively letter to the branch where I took the loan out. This is the only time I have looked at PPI and am not very experienced. If anyone has any suggestions or recommendations (even if this is just to let it go) it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport