mppi/ life insurance miss sold

Options

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,836 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    busterkeye wrote: »
    Proof that it was mis sold?? No i dont, did anyone have any proof they were sold ppi??

Maybe i should delete this thread and start amother asking if anyone has had similar

Did you want life insurance at 23????? I certainly didnt amd wouldnt have if they hadnt made me.

They are investigating so ill see what comes of it:A

Many people have proof they were sold PPI, but that's not the issue.

You were told the insurance was mandatory to get the mortgage. You have stated this was a lie so I asked you what proof you have that supports this claim. You will need to provide this proof in order to win a miss-selling claim.

I don't have a mortgage so no I don't have life insurance, if I did have a mortgage then life, critical illness and MPPI would certainly be things I would consider to ensure the mortgage would be paid if I was unable to make the payments and so not leave a hassle for family in dealing with a repossession
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Proof that it was mis sold?? No i dont, did anyone have any proof they were sold ppi??

Yes they did.

unprovable allegations rarely succeed with PPI. Most PPI complaints are upheld due to ineligibility, not being suitable or auto-payouts.

Its like me accusing you of stealing £100 from my wallet. The fact I make that allegation against you doesnt mean it happened.
    Maybe i should delete this thread and start amother asking if anyone has had similar

You cant delete the thread. Life assurance has very low complaint rates and very low success rates on those complaints.
    Did you want life insurance at 23????? I certainly didnt amd wouldnt have if they hadnt made me.

yes. I bought my first house as 22 and took out life assurance. Just as most people do. You are argueing against the norm.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    If you bought through a broker then a normal way to do it was to pay for life insurance arranged through the broker instead of paying them a fee. This is not missold.
    If you bought from a bank/building society direct, they were also allowed to insist on life insurance as a condition of the mortgage. Also not missold.

So going by your explnation of events, you were not missold.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • busterkeye
    Options
    I cant delete my thread
    Youre missing the point! But anyway thanks for your input
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Is the most annoying thing ever
  • busterkeye
    Options
    I was miss sold! I have been told that i didnt have to take out the insurance!

Ill delete:A
    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,507 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I told the Halifax that back in 97 when I applied for the mortgage I was told that I could only have the mortgage if I took out the 'life insurance' so I did, I remember like it it was yesterday the young lady telling me I couldn't have the mortgage if I didn't take out the insurance, I even argued saying im only 23 years old and I don't think ill need it!!!

YOU are missing the point.
    Just because you haven't died, that doesn't make it missold.
    Just because you were 23, it was not missold.
    Just because you think you didn't need it, it wasn't missold.

Your life insurance was a condition of the mortgage, therefore it was NOT missold.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,387 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was miss sold! I have been told that i didnt have to take out the insurance!

Ill delete:A

And all you need to do is provide your evidence to support that allegation and if it wasnt necessary, your complaint will be upheld.

if it was a condition of borrowing then you were told correctly and it cant be missold.

The fact you dont need it now doesnt mean you didnt need it back then. The rules are applied to how they were at point of sale. Not point of complaint.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • busterkeye
    Options
    You are missing the point i didnt know it was life insurance !!
    Its not cos i was 23 i was miss sold you are right!!! i was told i had to have it!!! Now i have been told that that was wrong i didnt have to have it, thats miss selling!!

It wasnt a condition so ye thats miss selling

You get it now? Jesus wish i never started now!! How this place has changed :A
    :A

• busterkeye
    Options
    hi
    I just found out that back in 1997 when I took out MPPI/ life insurance to pay my mortgage if anything happened to me I never needed to!

ive rung the Halifax to query this and I have just been told today that its not mpi its just simple life insurance that has nothing to do with my mortgage

ian
    dunstonh wrote: »
    And all you need to do is provide your evidence to support that allegation and if it wasnt necessary, your complaint will be upheld.

if it was a condition of borrowing then you were told correctly and it cant be missold.

The fact you dont need it now doesnt mean you didnt need it back then. The rules are applied to how they were at point of sale. Not point of complaint.
    Evidence ?? Oh hold on ive a bit of paper from the lass saying im miss selling You this :rotfl::beer::T

• k3lvc
    k3lvc Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Now i have been told that that was wrong i didnt have to have it, thats miss selling!!
    Who's told you this ??

If it was someone in an official capacity then snap their hand off and come back and let us know how much compo you got :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure