It's not a lot, but it's enough

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    She is a fantastic person. She's my favourite person in the world and I've learned so much from her. Not just how to make a mean chocolate cake but also to be kind, caring, thoughtful, considerate and loving. Funnily enough, I'm just off the phone to her there as she was trying to arrange our next date and I suggested that it be my treat but she wasn't for having it.

We'll see.
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning everyone,

I had a nice weekend. Although I worked on Saturday I managed to relax afterwards and Sunday was a good chill out day.

I've meal planned and bought all my food to last me the next 7 days and my only planned spend day is Wednesday for football, so need to screw the head and keep spending to a minimum.

My book (Tools of Titans - Tim Ferriss) is really addictive and each page fills me with confidence. I can't recommend it enough. Yesterday I read quite a bit and also managed to find time to meditate and do some yoga from home so I feel super ready and prepared for the week ahead.

On the money front, I politely turned down lunch with my friends and a trip to a shopping centre with different friends too on Sunday, so money saved there.

I still keep getting thoughts about starting a blog but I change my mind frequently. I'll do some research and stew it over.
  • Drawingaline
    Drawingaline Posts: 2,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Ah what a lovely nan speky. My grandparents were the same, so generous while I was at uni, relay helped me out.

With regards to afternoon tea,don't know if you are a member of Groupon at all, they often have local/chain businesses that do a special on afternoon tea. I got one for my mum for her birthday, tea for two £20 in a nice little patisserie.
    Debt free Feb 2021 🎉
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    You know something, I deleted the app to avoid needless temptation but that might just be the perfect idea!! Thank you :)
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning,

Yesterday was a NSD thankfully. Also my bank and YNAB are now all up to date and matching.

I've no plans tonight but I might bake some ketogenic cookies then in the evening I may try my hand at downloading wordpress and see about starting a blog.

Anyway, back to work. Have a nice day :)
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I do think afternoon tea might be the thing - my gran always loved it as a treat, and my mother really enjoys it. If you can, perhaps find a place that means something to her - somewhere she might have gone as a child or with your grandfather - obviously only if its still nice. I took my mum to tea at Brown's in London a few years ago as it was where her father took her when they went up to London for a treat. She loved it and it was fabulous - it wasn't cheap but it was a one-off and it was completely worth it for her face and the memories. She still talks about it.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Aw hey Joey :)

Yeah that's another lovely touch. I'll get my thinking cap on and I'll also ask my mum if she can think of somewhere. Hope you're well x
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Good morning,

Yesterday went as planned. Gym in the morning, work, garlic and lemon salmon with veg for dinner with the leftovers for todays lunch, made low-carb butter cookies which were alright I suppose then pottered about on the computer and read a bit. In doing the above I managed to nail a NSD too.

Today however is a spend day. Football tonight (£3.50) plus the oil light came on in my car so I'll need to nip out at lunch and buy that (£20ish) plus some water for my window wipers (£2) and a little top up in vegetables which'll last me until Sunday (£5).

I've been to the gym this morning and hoping for a productive day in work. Not got many plans for this evening given that I've got football on so I'll see how it goes.

The cheque has cleared and so I've now moved the money from my current account to my savings account. I was contemplating moving only £900 across to give me a bit of wiggle room for this month but that's cheating so I've decided against.

Anyway, happy hump day all.
  • jvr
    jvr Posts: 426 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi Speky

Just caught up on your diary.. doing amazingly as ever! That's so kind of your gran to give you that money its obviously important to her to help you get in a good position!
    Debt: £14,000 now £2169
    Emergency Fund: 1000/ £1000
    :j
  • SpekySquarehead
    Options
    Morning,

Yesterday went as planned and I bought the car oil, washer fluid and a top up in veg. I also had some things I needed on Amazon so I got those too. However. I noticed this morning that I hadn't actually clicked pay, so I've processed it now. Ruined my NSD so I'm kicking myself.

A relaxing night on the cards tonight. I'll take my time over making dinner/lunch I think. Can't remember what's on the menu.

Anyway. Back to work.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure