Yorkshire Bank ppi

Options
Hi all, Yorkshire bank contacted me and informed me that I had been charged ppi on loans I had had with them in the past, it's all been agreed and I sent my signed form back to them on 20th September 2016, which I have confirmed it has been received, but I am still waiting for my payment? Does anyone know how long we are expected to wait, I feel 4 month is too long, yes I have rang and asked but they said they can not give me a time scale

Comments

• -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,557 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Send them a letter asking what's going on.
    If they don't reply, complain to the Ombudsman.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Hornbloweroafc
    Options
    Hi, I am having a the same issue! They received my acceptance form (I asked for it to be bank transfer) on 1st December 2016 and I still haven't received my refund money. After 28 days I rang them and they said another 10 days due to back log and still nothing. So I have rang them each since and even spoke to them on twitter and live chat but still nothing. They can't even tell me why or give me a date. They say its with Payments dept but can transfer me to them as they don't have contact with them!!!! The last 3 days I have put in a Complaint and each day they said someone will ring me and guess what - I'm still waiting!!
    50 days now and I don't have a clue when I will get my money. Would be different if I missed them a payment.

Any other ideas how to speed up the process? Can Ombudsman help with PPI complaints already processed? Do they charge?

Thanks
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Can Ombudsman help with PPI complaints already processed? Do they charge?

Yes (try ringing them, they may be able to offer advice before you need to formally complain to the bank)
    No they don't change

However, if FOS recommend it, formally complain to the firm in writing (get proof of postage, free, from the PO) and you can escalate to the FOS after 8 weeks as applicable
  • webweaver_2
    Options
    I have just been contacted by the above. They have sent quite a long and involved questionnaire. It seems to me that the more information I supply, the more it might appear I was aware of things I was not. Is this deliberate or am I being over suspicious? Do I have to give lots of detail or is it enough for me to answer the main points, such as that I was unaware not compulsory or that in fact I did not need it as I had other cover? Thanks
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    webweaver wrote: »
    I have just been contacted by the above. They have sent quite a long and involved questionnaire. It seems to me that the more information I supply, the more it might appear I was aware of things I was not. Is this deliberate or am I being over suspicious? Do I have to give lots of detail or is it enough for me to answer the main points, such as that I was unaware not compulsory or that in fact I did not need it as I had other cover? Thanks

The bank need details to know whether your complaint is valid. Refusing to supply it will simply mean they judge it on whatever you initially supplied which may harm your case if you have a valid complaint reason which wasn't fully detailed.

If you answer honestly there will be no problem. If you say one thing and then something different later there would be an issue e.g. some people try and "tailor" their responses to help them win the case and then contradict themselves later by mistake which can kill their case, if your story is consistent then there is no issue.

Saying you were unaware it was not compulsory is an unprovable allegation, proving you had adequate cover already is better
  • webweaver_2
    Options
    Thanks for this. I will answer to the best of my ability. I have successfully claimed from other organisations in the past, but this has always been at my instigation. This time , the bank has contacted me pout of the blue and unsolicited in any way. Is this something new?
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,534 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    webweaver wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I will answer to the best of my ability. I have successfully claimed from other organisations in the past, but this has always been at my instigation. This time , the bank has contacted me pout of the blue and unsolicited in any way. Is this something new?

Its not new. CCLs have been going out for a number of years now.

A CCL is an invitation to complain if you feel you were missold. It is not saying you were missold. They send them out to allow them to start the 3 year time bar clock.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • Mlc14party
    Options
    I have now written to them asking how much longer I will have to wait for payment to be processed as I feel 14 weeks unexceptional, I also asked for a bank transfer as I thought it to be quicker,
  • Mlc14party
    Options
    Letter sent still waiting for payment to be processed
  • Hornbloweroafc
    Options
    I have eventually received my money :j It took just under 8 weeks from YB receiving my acceptance form for bank transfer!
    I finally got a call from the bank letting me know the money has been transferred. Not one call from them during the 8weeks even after I made complaints. The service as been shocking.

to Webweaver - If you are not comfortable filling the form give them a call instead. I rang them and they asked me a few questions and said they'll send a letter to let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure