PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

At what stage of construction does a show home usually appear?

Options
I have my eyes on a new development, due to launch this "Summer" and complete by end of the year.

I have ants in my pants to get the ball rolling and wondered at what stage in construction does a show home usually pop up for viewing? There is no price or any other information available yet on the promotional website.

I visited the site today and see that windows and doors are being installed in some of the apartments.

Any guesses when it will actually "Launch"? :D

Comments

• comeandgo
    comeandgo Posts: 5,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why are you waiting for the show home? We bought ours by just seeing the drawings/plans and our house was built before the show house as it was sold. A few of the houses on the estate were bought the same way.
  • cjv
    cjv Posts: 513 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Newshound!
    Options
    The Estate agent has informed me there are currently no plans to offer options to reserve before the official launch. That was the only information they could give me the last time I contacted them.

It may be because they are shared ownership and they have not decided on the value, shares, eligibility etc.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    There is no set time or program for shoe homes in my experience, sometimes a developer will have the same units on another site close by or have a showroom to see the options, sometimes they don't build one of the off plan sales are good - lots of considerations, and it most definitely won't be before they have priced units
  • cjv
    Options
    Thank you, I guess I will just have to be patient. I am finding that difficult though!
  • Dolly123
    Dolly123 Posts: 189 Forumite
    Options
    Whats the developer? they all do it differently.
  • cjv
    Options
    Dolly123 wrote: »
    Whats the developer? they all do it differently.

Chartway Group. I called the estate agent today and they told me the launch is delayed until spring next year! weird thing is I visited the site yesterday and spoke to the builders, they said it is due for handover this December. Someone is mistaken and I am inclined to believe the builders :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure