Notice to newcomers re trolls.

Options
1264265266267268270»

Comments

• alastairq
    alastairq Posts: 5,030 Forumite
    edited 31 January 2010 at 9:52PM
    Options
    too many two's...or two too many two's, isn't that some kind of frock some men wear ona weekend?

or is that a toto..or tutu?
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
  • MicheH
    MicheH Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    Options
    debtinfo wrote: »
    You think thats impressive miche. Look what i can do.

debtinfo that cracked me up!!!!!!!! :rotfl:
  • alastairq
    Options
    is that a qwerty form of limp?
    No, I don't think all other drivers are idiots......but some are determined to change my mind.......
  • alastairq
    Options
    MicheH wrote: »
    debtinfo that cracked me up!!!!!!!! :rotfl:

Miche, we're all cracking up...must be the warm weather?
  • dorothyp
    dorothyp Posts: 69 Forumite
    Options
    You lot are [STRIKE]2 [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]two [/STRIKE] [STRIKE]too[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]to [/STRIKE] funny!!!! :T
  • MicheH
    MicheH Posts: 2,631 Forumite
    Options
    Oh dear, i'm peeing me pants here
  • So_Sad_Angel
    Options
    Hello to all....:wave::wave:
    Hi Everyone,

Not sure if we have this thread over here on BR board but DFW bump this often so that newcomers new & old are aware of the possibility of `troll` issues.

They `bump` it along regularly to keep it in peoples minds. Perhaps it would work over here?

Pania`s words are so brilliant I could`nt better them myself so I copied as below.

Angelxx

Hi everybody.

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll? A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made.

If you should get a comment made on any thread you post asking for help and advice please realise this comment is not directed at you personally.
    We really are all a lovely bunch here (oops, modest, sorry) so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal.

what should i do if i get a comment made on my thread?

firstly do not respond to the comment as this invariably is what the person wants. At the bottom of the post, on the left hand side is a red "warning" triangle. Click this and then "send" the message that comes up. This will report the message to abuse who will review it's content and delete it.

The person we had this morning was particularly vile and nasty and please believe me is an extreme rarity here.
    Above all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE BOARDS. THIS SITE IS AN ASSET TO SO MANY, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT FEELS THE WORLD IS FALLING IN ON YOU. THERE IS SUCH A WEALTH OF ADVICE HERE TO BE HAD THAT THE COMMENTS OF ONE MUST NOT DETER YOU FROM AVAILING YOURSELF OF THE KNOWLEDGE HERE!!!!

It is testament to the work that martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time knowledge and experience freely to others, without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT.

Kind wishes
    P
    xxxxx
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    VIGILANT22 wrote: »
    Expand on your grammer first, then you may impress me ...:)

you can talk :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

you should try this as others suggested....who knows you may learn something

51ZQAZ857VL._SL500_AA280_.jpg
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • alastairq
    Options
    Wait till (until)

bad spelling?

no....simply missed off an apostrophe..easily done when having fun.........?
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

Not sure if we have this thread over here on BR board but DFW bump this often so that newcomers new & old are aware of the possibility of `troll` issues.

They `bump` it along regularly to keep it in peoples minds. Perhaps it would work over here?

Pania`s words are so brilliant I could`nt better them myself so I copied as below.

Angelxx

Hi everybody.

Over the last few weeks we have had a number of "troll" attacks on the boards.

What is a Troll? A troll is a person that posts deliberately provocative, nasty or hurtful comments on threads. They may be a person with no previous connection to the board or someone that has created a pseudonym to get their point made.

If you should get a comment made on any thread you post asking for help and advice please realise this comment is not directed at you personally.
    We really are all a lovely bunch here (oops, modest, sorry) so please ignore these nasty comments and continue to post here as normal.

what should i do if i get a comment made on my thread?

firstly do not respond to the comment as this invariably is what the person wants. At the bottom of the post, on the left hand side is a red "warning" triangle. Click this and then "send" the message that comes up. This will report the message to abuse who will review it's content and delete it.

The person we had this morning was particularly vile and nasty and please believe me is an extreme rarity here.
    Above all PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT LEAVE THE BOARDS. THIS SITE IS AN ASSET TO SO MANY, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT FEELS THE WORLD IS FALLING IN ON YOU. THERE IS SUCH A WEALTH OF ADVICE HERE TO BE HAD THAT THE COMMENTS OF ONE MUST NOT DETER YOU FROM AVAILING YOURSELF OF THE KNOWLEDGE HERE!!!!

It is testament to the work that martin has done and continues to do that so many people give their time knowledge and experience freely to others, without judgement, to lift people out of the depths of debt crisis

PLEASE DO NOT LET THE ACTIONS OF THE MINORITY RUIN THAT.

Kind wishes
    P
    xxxxx

New page new reminder time :D
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure