ppi acceptance declaration legals

Options
Hi,

Iv'e just been made an offer for PPI - and am looking through the paperwork iv'e been sent and it says "by signing the acceptance declaration you are asked to provide a number of confirmations in respect of your complaint" i'm not sure what they are asking me.

Also it states that by signing i am "entering into a formal settlement agreement and not to sign unless you intend to be legally bound by its terms"

Again i'm unsure on this as it doesn't really state what this means - i'm unsure whether or not to go through with it as all the legal jargon is confusing.

Anyone know what all this means?

Thanks,

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It means 'do you want the money or not?'.

If you want it, and therefore have your complaint satisfied, you sign it.

If you have evidence they have made a mistake, don't sign it and let them know why.
  • ADAM001
    ADAM001 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I'm happy with the offer to be honest - i just didn't want to get into a load of legal hassle for a few hundred quid if you catch my drift.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ADAM001 wrote: »
    Iv'e just been made an offer for PPI - and am looking through the paperwork iv'e been sent and it says "by signing the acceptance declaration you are asked to provide a number of confirmations in respect of your complaint" i'm not sure what they are asking me.
    They just don't want you to complain again in future. They want to be sure that this is the end of the matter.

Enjoy your redress! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport