Holidays to Mexico in March

Options
We were considering booking a holiday on the Caribbean coast in Mexico in mid March. What is weather like then. Is there a high humidity. TUI are one company that appear to be offering excellent deals for package holidays to Mexico at the moment. Where is a good resort to stay.

Comments

• ibizafan_2
    ibizafan_2 Posts: 920 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    After doing some research, we picked March as one of the best months to go to Mexico a few years ago. We went through Tui and stayed at the Grand Palladium Kantenah in Akumal on the Riviera Maya, flying into Cancun. We really enjoyed it, and other than a couple of downpours, the weather was good.
  • richardw
    richardw Posts: 19,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Pick a hotel that’s close to Playa Del Carmen.
    Posts are not advice and must not be relied upon.
  • MarkRice
    MarkRice Posts: 21 Forumite
    Options
    The weather in March should be good although you may get a couple of very heavy rain showersl . We believe that the resort of Riveira Maya is quite nice and is only about 10 kilometres to Playa Del Carmen. TUi sells holidays to this resort but be aware not all the hotels are near the beach
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just be aware of the annual Sping Break for North American students which is in March. Unless you enjoy drunken rowdiness that is!
  • ibizafan_2
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    The Palladium hotels don’t allow spring breakers allegedly, and we certainly didn’t see any. I believe they tend to head to a Cancun which is obviously much livelier.
  • BH246
    BH246 Posts: 68 Forumite
    Options
    We are in the more mature age group and would want to avoid loads of Student Spring breakers. We are looking to go about 18th March.probably on a package with TuI Are we Likely to find many students in hotels in Riviera Mayo which sounds nice and not excessively lively. Do the stdents tend to congregate in Cancun and Accupulco. Has anybody been to Riviera Mayo.
  • koalakoala
    koalakoala Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Choose the west coast, Puerto Vallarta, it's amazing compared to the east coast
  • ibizafan_2
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    As I have already said, we have been to the Riviera Maya in March through Tui at the Palladium Kantanah Hotel. It is one of five in the resort and right on the beach. No spring breakers in sight.
  • benjus
    benjus Posts: 5,433 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    We stayed in Tulum (or rather the coastal hotel area a few miles from Tulum) a couple of years ago. We loved it - all quite low key and low-rise compared to places further north, some very classy hotels but also a few more budget friendly options. Beautiful beach and some Mayan ruins right on the coast.

It's quite popular with American tourists but probably too expensive for Spring Breakers. I think we were there around Spring Break time but didn't see any evidence of it.
    Let's settle this like gentlemen: armed with heavy sticks
    On a rotating plate, with spikes like Flash Gordon
    And you're Peter Duncan; I gave you fair warning
  • PaulPonting
    Options
    I made some enquiries at a TUI shop.They were of the opinion to avoid Cancun and Acapulco where the spring breakers mainly congregate However they could not rule out none being at other resorts but not in such numbers. They did mention Riviera Mayo as being a nice quieter destination, but that is just their idea. The also said most of the main hotels in Mexican resorts were very big.The weather in March is generally meant to be good.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure