Mis-Sold Telephone Answering Service

Options
2»

Comments

• fxlaw786
    fxlaw786 Posts: 16 Forumite
    Options
    Just to update this post with a final comment for anyone else viewing this. I went back + fourth with the supplier of the call answering service and I managed to speak with the person who originally signed me up.

Without telling her I was disputing the invoice, I asked if it was in fact a Pay as You Go service and she said yes. I then questioned why, when I rang out of credit (30min) did you not contact me for a "Top-Up" and she said, umm... I'm not sure. Then she said 'Oh, no we don't actually do that'... I then had her admit that the service was misdescribed and it should not really be classed as a Pay as You Go service when really it's a standard monthly contract-type service.

I asked her to confirm the call was being recorded as stated at the start of the call, to which she said yes. I requested she sent me the call recording for the conversation, which was done promptly after the call had ended.

Once I had that, I went back to management with my proof and they changed their tune. I paid £100 and not a penny more!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure