PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 9th July 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,044 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Right..

Radiator for bedroom paid for.. that is coming tomorrow.
    1 more installment to pay on my embroidery machine.. one day I WILL get it out of the box.. and only 4 more on my solar panels.. that will free up £280 a month in total!!

OMG.. I just got a huge urge to declutter the back room... I shall leap on that now.. I can get 45 minutes of flinging in before the school run!

*bing*.. OH messages me at the start of his 20 minute break... SO disruptive.. see, I tell everyone he is a delay fish who hinders everything I try to do!! lol..

Anyway.. ignoring him.. and cracking on with tidying... step one... find an empty box and a roll of binbags!!

Come join me!!!

List for later.. print off CB form to add Moomin.
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,447 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    By midday I was falling asleep at the computer (hadn't had much last night - too hot) so took myself off to the sofa for an hour and a half. We've had lunch, but we have cancelled the visit to the flower show as (a) DH was only coming to keep me company and (b)it's a lot cooler and cloudier today and therefore still bearable in the study with the curtains shut, even if the sun is shining outside.

Back to my books...
  • Mumof2_2
    Mumof2_2 Posts: 2,694 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh Ionafan I regularly fall asleep at the computer!

You must get your embroidery machine out the box Pigpen!! Be lovely to do something you love doing; I've suddenly got my urge to sew back so dining table all cleared ready to cut out some shorts tonight .... haven't sewed for over 2 years so will be 'interesting'!

Too. Hot. I have though decluttered in the lounge for a good 30 minutes (mainly so I can get to my sewing machine tonight but no-one needs to know that!). Kids will be home shortly; all tired, hot and hungry .... deep joy!

ps chewed a frog (is that right?). Done my tax credits form for last tax year now instead of leaving it to the last minute like normal. Also tried to notify of new job for J but as he hasn't started yet they won't take it in advance so put a date in my diary. My intentions were good though ;)
    Flymarkeeteer: £168 and counting
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,933 Forumite
    Options
    Floors are clean. Paperwork and hotspots still outstanding as I got distracted and took the living room curtains down, sewed and washed them. House looking almost acceptable, I'm now relaxing in the garden.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • pigpen
    Options
    Mumof2 wrote: »
    You must get your embroidery machine out the box Pigpen!! Be lovely to do something you love doing; I've suddenly got my urge to sew back so dining table all cleared ready to cut out some shorts tonight .... haven't sewed for over 2 years so will be 'interesting'!

I haven't sewed for longer than that.. I do love it but I simply don't have the space to set everything up or the time to put into it.. I am not joking when I say my house is a hovel! I don't have a single flat surface!
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    YORKSHIRELASS Posts: 6,307 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi all

Just skimmed through. Well done JoJo.

So, out of the door before 7am to go to the gym then straight to work. 6.5 hours paid stuff done, DS2 picked up and home to get something to eat before I go back again.

Have rehomed a few things, wiped some splash marks off the cupboard next to the bin, put some recycling out and made our bed. The house is looking a bit unloved in places but not much I can do.

Catch you all later x
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Interesting day at work.

There was an official announcement half an hour before my start time.

Apparently, there is absolutely no impact upon job security for two years. Yeah, right.
    Just how stupid do you think we are? We can count, you know.

I'll obviously allow the prospective place to approach them for references if they decide to make an offer - because it's education, they generally insist upon having references in advance, which can be somewhat awkward if you aren't protected by the Teaching T&Cs of employment. And it means that if I'm on the receiving end of a hatchet job, they already have two effusive references to take into consideration.

It's vaguely annoying, as by leaving, I would miss out on redundancy. But a) I might not get the post and b) when they get around to it, not only am I pretty certain they'll do it to take effect the day before I've completed another year's service and therefore cost me dosh, there will be no guarantee that there's any jobs available at the point at which they decide to do it.

Either way, I need to be out of there. Mainly because I'm not doing a very good job of looking completely unsurprised and not in the slightest bit disappointed about any of this.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,909 Forumite
    Options
    Home from work, and melting slowly. DH has taken DD to a school meeting as I wasn't home in time;), so I can flake out for a few minutes whilst deciding what delights to put on the table when they get back, and call a meal without too much effort.
  • pigpen
    Options
    I have cleared the top of one side board.. into a box.. and dropped 4 school dresses, a rapunzel dress and a skirt off at school.

I need to sort stuff to ebeast... I have a shed to buy so need £600 x2 ...
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,681 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    - Went to Clubbercise.
    - Came home planning to put the bathroom mats in the washing machine but Mr N had already had the same idea and done it. That prompted me to ignore the kitchen for today but do a blitz on the en suite instead, which is now nice and shiny.
    - paid cc bill
    - renewed a professional membership
    - sent a few emails
    - sorted out the rest of the post/junk etc
    - That doesn't sound much, how has it taken a day? Oh yes, I spent a lot of time on the internet looking for something else to do in London tomorrow as Mr N wants to go up to the RAF flypast and it's a bit of an effort/cost to get a train in just for a 3 minute fly. We haven't reached any decisions; may even drive to somewhere between here and Chelmsford as we aren't too close to the route the planes will take.

We've got a few days in Buxton in a couple of weeks, mainly to go to the RHS Tatton Park horticultural show - so if anyone else is going, I'll give you a wave. Won't be fun if the weather is this hot.

Oh well dinner on, that is next.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure