Account numbers quoted on Lloyds letter

Options
13»

Comments

• societys_child
    Options
    Lockardian wrote: »
    True - but I mean questions like “Where did you work at the time? How long had you worked there? How did you apply for the card?” - obviously these are different depending on the card/product involved.
    If you're making an accusation of wrong-doing, surely you know what you're accusing them of?
  • Lockardian
    Options
    I did not request PPI on any of the cards involved. However, I had 3 cards - each taken out in different years. All I am trying to do at this stage is find out if any of them had a PPI policy attached to it - if so, then they added it without me giving permission, which will be the basis of my complaint.

However, I can’t answer specific questions about where I worked at the time, how long I had worked there and how much paid sick leave I would get because I changed jobs a couple of times, and my answer will be different in each case. They want this information before telling me if I had PPI, and on which product. It seems a topsy-turvy way of doing things. If they find no trace of PPI, I won’t have a complaint to make.

PPI has turned up on other accounts without me being previously aware, so that’s why I’ve made an initial
    PPI enquiry with all lenders I’ve had products with.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    All I am trying to do at this stage is find out if any of them had a PPI policy attached to it - if so, then they added it without me giving permission, which will be the basis of my complaint.
    It's a complete myth, sponsored by claim companies, that PPI was routinely added to loans and credit cards etc without the knowledge and permission of the customer. For loans, the PPI would have been on the Agreement you signed. For credit and store cards, the PPI would appear every month itemised on a separate line.

So if you don't know you had PPI, then you've either forgotten or you never read any of the documentation you signed.

Sorry.
  • Lockardian
    Options
    Thanks. You’ve nothing to apologise to me for, if that IS the case. I thought I had a fair idea of which products I had PPI for, and which I didn’t - however on checking a couple of policies have turned up I *believe* I didn’t request. From a certain date onwards I always made a point of refusing it. So it did get me wondering how the mis-sell or mis-purchase came about (I may have neglected to untick a box, I may not). Ah well, I’m just going to go with the flow, complete the claims as accurately/honestly as I can, and see what happens. Nothing to lose except my time.
  • sorryitsme
    Options
    I did not request PPI on any of the cards involved. However, I had 3 cards - each taken out in different years. All I am trying to do at this stage is find out if any of them had a PPI policy attached to it - if so, then they added it without me giving permission, which will be the basis of my complaint.

However, I can’t answer specific questions about where I worked at the time, how long I had worked there and how much paid sick leave I would get because I changed jobs a couple of times, and my answer will be different in each case. They want this information before telling me if I had PPI, and on which product. It seems a topsy-turvy way of doing things. If they find no trace of PPI, I won’t have a complaint to make.

PPI has turned up on other accounts without me being previously aware, so that’s why I’ve made an initial

I have to agree with you, I have been sent 5 claims forms from Blackhorse going back to 1998 to 2015, my roles, salary, benefits, personal circumstances have changed greatly during that time.

I asked if PPI was on the loans as I no longer had paperwork for the oldest ones and they wouldn’t tell me. I requested a SAR and they only sent me documentation on the 2015 loan which I knew didn’t have PPI.

I’ve got a feeling just the 2 oldest ones have single premium PPI but I will just have to wait and see if my SAR for all the loans eventually arrives or I receive a response from my questionnaire.

Bizarrely they had my DOB wrong on 3 of the loans so couldn’t find me on their system when I initially enquired. One time I could understand it was keyed in incorrectly, but 3 times is really odd.:cool:
    Mortgage Feb 2015 £178,500 END 2043!!

MFW 2015 £100 /£1000

Watch this space, my MF end date will tumble!!
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

The reason they're asking about the work details is because they're treating it as a complaint (or automatically send the forms out when they see PPI in the letter). Your complaint that it was added without your permission is doomed to fail as you can't prove it and logically if it was you'd complain on the first statement after you were charged it.

Have you rung the bank and asked them to confirm that you had it and the dates it was taken out if so?
  • Lockardian
    Options
    I’ve rang them and established the dates and products involved which helps greatly. However, they haven’t yet confirmed whether or not there was PPI attached to these products and I genuinely can’t remember. I know there were occasions when the first repayment/minimum repayment of a loan or card was substantially more than future ones, which suggests it could be PPI-related. However, in general, I made a point of choosing not to have PPI.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I know there were occasions when the first repayment/minimum repayment of a loan or card was substantially more than future ones, which suggests it could be PPI-related.
    Why would paying more at the beginning and end suggest PPI?

Even front-loaded PPI would have been evenly spread across the whole repayment period.

As already stated, PPI was not just added without permission. You won't be refunded on the basis that you've forgotten about it.
    I made a point of choosing not to have PPI.
    if that is the case, the strong likelihood is that you are wasting your time.
  • Christmassparkle
    Options
    Hi. I have the same problem and have just done my first post on new thread. BH have sent me 2 account numbers and requested I complete complaint form, this was in response to me going on their website on their ppi check tool.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure