TSB transfer limit?

Options
I have recently opened a TSB current account which is taking funds from my late father`s estate. When all of the money is in I will need to pay my brother £100,000+. What would be the best way to do this? He lives 100 miles away and I don`t want to post him a cheque.
I presume TSB has a daily limit for transfers but I can`t find it on the website

Comments

• PRAISETHESUN
    Options
    You could send the money via a CHAPS payment if you need to guarantee it will arrive the same working day, or otherwise split it into several smaller faster payments that will bring each individual transfer under the payment limit per transaction. Multiple duplicate transactions may get flagged as suspicious, so it may be worthwhile contacting them ahead of time just to let them know
  • 18cc
    18cc Posts: 2,120 Forumite
    Options
    I had to do this a couple of years ago and for many reasons I simply wrote a cheque and posted it to the beneficiary
  • broju
    broju Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Give them a call and say you'd like to do one (or two) large FP's and supply the details. You may need to speak to their anti fraud department.
    I have found them very accommodating on such occasions.
  • glennevis
    Options
    Last time I asked TSB (a year ago) their BACS transfer limit was £25k per day.
  • xylophone
    xylophone Posts: 44,422 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Why not just send a cheque "special delivery"?
  • Thefrenchman
    Options
    I want to send 30k to another account I hold with RBS. Contacted TSB Twitter team to check,but they won't confirm a figure....not happy.
  • Uxb1
    Uxb1 Posts: 732 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've found solicitors are going back to cheques for very large sums like the OP is talking about.
    Unlike a CHAPS transfers, cheques are free.
    Then there is less worry about getting the numbers right on a transfer both from a point of view of entering them up at the sending end correctly and of checking and getting the right figures to enter off the destination account holder - and for this most solicitors would require an original of a bank statement.
    Far easier to write a cheque......

PS Edit
    Do not forget to include with the cheque an acknowledgment slip to be signed and returned by the recipient stating they have received the money.
  • Thefrenchman
    Options
    Uxb1 wrote: »
    I've found solicitors are going back to cheques for very large sums like the OP is talking about.
    Unlike a CHAPS transfers, cheques are free.
    Then there is less worry about getting the numbers right on a transfer both from a point of view of entering them up at the sending end correctly and of checking and getting the right figures to enter off the destination account holder - and for this most solicitors would require an original of a bank statement.
    Far easier to write a cheque......

PS Edit
    Do not forget to include with the cheque an acknowledgment slip to be signed and returned by the recipient stating they have received the money.
    I need the money to go quickly,the fact it's going from my account held in one Government owned bank to another you'd have though would be seamless...
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,168 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I need the money to go quickly,the fact it's going from my account held in one Government owned bank to another you'd have though would be seamless...

TSB isn't government owned.
  • colsten
    colsten Posts: 17,597 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just use CHAPS then, and pay the £30 for the privilege of having the transfer completed on the same day (provided you request it before the daily CHAPS deadline).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure