What time do the various banks update our balances?

Options
Hi,

I'm having a problem with an incoming BACS transfer in another thread, and I bank with Barclays.

I would like to know what time they update your balance so I can check if the money has indeed arrived.

I thought that this would be a popular question, so I have made a thread here where we can post what time the different banks update balances.

I will kick off with what I know....

Natwest updates at 2:40am without fail.

Santander updates anywhere between 11:00pm BST and 01:00 BST. This changes accordingly when the clocks go back. I will say though that they normally update pretty regularly at the earlier time that I have mentioned above.

So, who can tell me what time Barclays do it?

Comments

• stclair
    stclair Posts: 6,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Barclays update their system about 01.30 in the morning (from my own experience).

Yorkshire Bank update their system about 23.30 in the evening.

Natwest & RBS update their system at 02.30 in the morning.
    Im an ex employee RBS Group
    However Any Opinion Given On MSE Is Strictly My Own
  • cockneysean
    Options
    That's handy to know, thank you.

I have been told by others that Barclays was at 00:15 but that was only in one post so I did not take it as gospel. How did you discover that they do it at 01:30?

I discovered that NatWest do it at the time they do due to the fact their online banking goes offline from 02:00 - 02:40 and then your new balance is showing!
  • pcombo
    pcombo Posts: 3,429 Forumite
    Options
    bank of scotland use to be 3:30.

Cahoot are around 9pm
  • stclair
    edited 15 September 2011 at 9:33PM
    Options
    That's handy to know, thank you.

I have been told by others that Barclays was at 00:15 but that was only in one post so I did not take it as gospel. How did you discover that they do it at 01:30?

I discovered that NatWest do it at the time they do due to the fact their online banking goes offline from 02:00 - 02:40 and then your new balance is showing!

I can remember ring once and have a low balance then ring again a little while later and my balance had increased due to a credit and that was about 01.30. They put a message on the IVR to tell you that all services may not available whilst they are updating there systems.

Im getting some money paid into my Barclays account this evening so Ill ring up every half an hour from 12.00 and let you know if its still around the same time.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    i bank with barclays as does OH and our wages tend to show at 20 past midnight.hope that helps..
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • stclair
    Options
    Mrs_Ryan wrote: »
    i bank with barclays as does OH and our wages tend to show at 20 past midnight.hope that helps..

I never knew that I checked my balance at 00.27 and my account has now received the credit I was expecting. :D
  • MoneySaverLog
    Options
    Very early in the morning, it's now 1.47am and the usual day after payday debits have gone from lloyds tsb. I know my pay goes in just as quick.
  • Nuclear_Themes
    Options
    I'm with Barclays and my money always arrives just past midnight which others have already confirmed. Look around quarter past and you should be good.
  • Twister84
    Options
    stclair wrote: »
    Im getting some money paid into my Barclays account this evening so Ill ring up every half an hour from 12.00 and let you know if its still around the same time.

That phone is gonna end up sticking to your ear :rotfl:
    Anything that I do say, is strictly my opinion :p
  • stclair
    Options
    Twister84 wrote: »
    That phone is gonna end up sticking to your ear :rotfl:

I was more worried about using up my minutes :rotfl:
This discussion has been closed.