IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking eye - Cambridge Beehive centre PCN, Popla appeal

Options

Comments

• MistyZ
    MistyZ Posts: 1,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 16 October 2019 at 9:31AM
    Options
    I note that the Beehive Centre invite people to contact them if appeals fail:

'Parking Appeals. If you still have queries after having followed the appeals procedure to Parking Eye as specified on a parking notice, then please contact the owner’s managing agent, JLL. You can call them on 01223 307048 or email security@beehivecentre.co.uk'

I think you probably still have a few queries! How about 'are you going to cancel this PCN as we speak or will it take another few minutes?' Please go for it with all flags flying.

Shopping all day and scammed for 12 minutes .... sigh. How ridiculous.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    After reviewing the evidence and comments provided by both the appellant and the operator, I consider twelve minutes to be in excess of a reasonable grace period, for a motorist to enter the site, read the terms and conditions, and leave at the end of the contract.
    But you were entitled to a minimum of 10 minutes to leave, so the Assessor is saying that taking two minutes to enter the site, find a parking space, get out of the car, find and read the sign and decide to remain on the car park is ‘in excess of a reasonable grace period’.

Another appalling example of POPLA rational (sic)!

If PE issue court proceedings a Judge will sort this out.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • cretoony
    Options
    Unfortunately, i'm struggling to find anything i paid for with my card that day, i was shopping with my girlfriend and its the same story from her. That does seem like a good lead Misty, thanks for that. I'll contact the security at the beehive center and see what they say about it!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I guess i wait for the LBCCC from parking eye now?
    Yes, as well as putting continued pressure on the Beehive Centre.

Bad luck that you got Adele Brophy in my opinion.

Another Assessor (a newer one not so tarnished by P/Eye utter crap along the months) would not have been so easily led and would have realised that if a person must be allowed a MINIMUM of 10 mins at least, just to leave a site after a parking period has ended, that to then expect them to have arrived, driven through, found a space, parked, got out and read the signs all in zero minutes (by this Assessor's reckoning) is not breaching the observation period rules stated by Kelvin Reynolds!

Dreadful decision, Jeez POPLA are terrible inconsistent fools these days.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MistyZ
    Options
    cretoony wrote: »
    Unfortunately, i'm struggling to find anything i paid for with my card that day, i was shopping with my girlfriend and its the same story from her. That does seem like a good lead Misty, thanks for that. I'll contact the security at the beehive center and see what they say about it!

Yet cash is money. What was bought? Send pics! Identify where it was all purchased. Describe what occupants of car ate for lunch ... just do it with conviction and righteous indignation.

Mention that the Keeper will be putting in a complaint about the POPLA decision and yet that you know this is highly unlikely to get the decision overturned.

What a massive disincentive to return to the Beehive ever. Unless of course you get an understanding and cooperative response.
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,853 Forumite
    Options
    cretoony wrote: »

As has been noted by pustit, you mentioned Dunelm which is not on the Beehive site. If you did visit Dunelm whilst parked at the Beehive that is (presumably) a breach of the parking terms and conditions? Unless you are saying you drove out of the Beehive and parked immediately in the other retail park where Dunelm is located I don't think this helps your case at all!

Ultimately, if this goes to court, civil cases are decided on the balance of probabilities. For two people to visit a shopping centre for three hours and not have a single record of any purchase at all would surely be unusual? Obviously not impossible for that to be the case but it might help if you could find some evidence that is in your favour....
  • cretoony
    cretoony Posts: 29 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 17 October 2019 at 2:35PM
    Options
    The beehive center is next door to another carpark, the Cambridge retail park (they share the same roundabout) and i drove there to park at nandos to grab something to eat, went to Dunelm and left afterward. I didn't mention Dunelm in the appeal anyway, I just emailed them because i forgot what side they're on.

I did visit Next home and bought a duvet so i might send them a snap of that and see if they believe me.

Also, going shopping for beds with a girlfriend took a long time, we also went to look at the pets in pets at home for a while. I wasn't paying much attention since i thought 3 hours was plenty of time. Hopefully they'll belive me for paying in cash and not holding onto my receipts for a bunch of small purchases as that is what happened! I don't think it should be required of anyone to hold onto every receipt they get just incase they get an unexpected parking fine...
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,749 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Yes do that, and make it clear this is a complaint and can Next help? after all you had lunch in Nandos and shopped in Next, so do Next want to lose custom like this?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • MistyZ
    Options
    So you spent a long time shopping for beds ... everyone knows that's a purchase that requires a lot of consideration. This research is something you can mention too, especially if you can identify one or two you're still considering. This is not grabbing at straws, it's a reference to what customers actually need to do, to the kind of activity that helps stores make money.
  • Undervalued
    Undervalued Posts: 8,853 Forumite
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Yes do that, and make it clear this is a complaint and can Next help? after all you had lunch in Nandos and shopped in Next, so do Next want to lose custom like this?

Next is on the Beehive site, Nandos isn't. As the OP has said the two retail parks, run by different organisations, are on opposite sides of a busy rounabout.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure