Terminating contract with Plusnet

Options
LadyDee
LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
I will shortly be moving out of my home so will be terminating my contract with Plusnet. In all probability my buyer will want to retain the landline but bring her own local number with her.

We obviously don't want the landline to be disconnected and her have to wait goodness knows how long for a phone.

What is the easiest way to ensure the landline remains connected for her to take over?

Comments

• Neil_Jones
    Neil_Jones Posts: 8,936 Forumite
    Options
    To be honest once you move out what happens to the phoneline is not your problem but its nice you're thinking of others.

You can take your Plusnet with you:
    https://www.plus.net/home-broadband/movinghome/

This would probably be the easiest solution as it should theoretically keep the line active and then the buyer can do what they want after you leave.
  • LadyDee
    Options
    I am actually moving overseas and just want to be as helpful to my buyer as possible.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    https://www.broadbandchoices.co.uk/guides/broadband/broadband-line-installation

If they're buying a house then they can afford the re-connect cost, that said many don't charge anyway. Give them the above website if you want.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @ladydee
    The most helpful would be to ensure that you give Plusnet enough notice to terminate the line as once you tell Plusnet you are leaving, no one can place an order on that line until the cancellation has been completed (which is basically your 30 day notice period)
  • LadyDee
    Options
    gsmlnx wrote: »
    @ladydee
    The most helpful would be to ensure that you give Plusnet enough notice to terminate the line as once you tell Plusnet you are leaving, no one can place an order on that line until the cancellation has been completed (which is basically your 30 day notice period)

Thank you - I will ensure I give them the required notice, then hopefully my buyer can organise a line connection to suit her.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure