National Trust Membership

Options
124»

Comments

• bob_a_builder
    bob_a_builder Posts: 2,303 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Some attraction in the slightly cheaper cost of the scottish, but not sure that the hassle you might get off the volunteers would be worth it...
    What hassle ?
    They look at the card, possibly clock that its a scottish one and then go right ahead and scan it, not ever had a comment about it or any issue at all in England
  • straas
    straas Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Scottish NT it is then.

They also have a better stance on fox hunts than the english NT so win-win
  • beefturnmail
    beefturnmail Posts: 906 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 18 May 2019 at 11:04PM
    Options
    Looks like the game's up with Heritage NZ, as I received the received the following e-mail from them yesterday

As a valuable member of Heritage New Zealand based overseas, we would like to notify you about some significant changes in our overseas membership prices and categories. It is the first time we have increased our prices on some categories in 11 years, so they reflect the truer value of the membership package we offer. We are also removing some categories to make it easier for us to manage and for you to join or renew.
    The changes follow an investigation into our membership programme charges and costs. Factors such as postal charges – which have risen exponentially– are impacting us. But it was also clear there was a significant gap between the charges Heritage New Zealand sets for access to NZ and overseas properties and historic places and those of our sister organisations overseas like English Heritage and the National Trust.
    Unfortunately it became increasingly apparent there were many UK nationals using our membership programme simply to enjoy the reciprocal access we provide to properties and events managed by the likes of English Heritage and National Trust. Many people were not aware of, or supportive of, our work in New Zealand.
    We believe the new prices create a like-for-like market for people supporting heritage. Our aim is to promote the message that people overseas can, and should, support their local heritage agencies. The changes enable us to focus more prominently on our New Zealand-based members (and potential new members), as well as overseas members who enjoy visiting and experiencing the unique heritage in New Zealand.
    With immediate effect, there will now be two overseas membership categories priced as below:
    • Individual adult membership NZ$200
    • Family membership NZ$350
    Thankfully, I manged to renew just in time, as in the post today was my renewed (at all prices) membership card until 1 June 2020.

No doubt some posters will still indulge in a bit of self-righteous schadenfreude though!
  • pugilist
    pugilist Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    It's in the terms and conditions that you can just show the Scottish membership card to park free.

I think you said in an earlier post that this is stated on the website but I failed to find it. Do you have a link to it by any chance?
  • pugilist
    pugilist Posts: 18 Forumite
    Options
    OK, thanks, it just would have been convenient to have a copy of it as published on the site.
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Another top tip for November Stan:
    I have noticed that people often give a £1 or even more for a poppy. It has been confirmed by the Royal British Legion that there is no minimum donation for a poppy. I bought one last year for 1p. What a deal! It is quite legitimate. I would pay more but I wouldn't like to support an organisation whose members used to carry guns & knives.
  • AceKingPin
    AceKingPin Posts: 13 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can see for a family membership for Bermuda - it costs £75 Bermuda dollars. Anyone know just how reciprocal with NT UK that membership actually is in practice?

Is it wholly free NT entry and free NT parking, or what are the limits? Many thanks.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure