In the nick of time

Options

Comments

• CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,115 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've always found fd to be really good and I'm sure they kept me updated through a text service. Hope the switch goes through on time for you, I'd not be happy about paying the extra interest either. If you do ring fd, they are always excellent on tv phone.
    Apr 2024 - part 1 - £30,337 part 2 - £24,811 Total - £55,148 43 months to go!
  • newgirly
    newgirly Posts: 8,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Nice flooring!
    2022 MFW 67 - 33 month challenge to clear mortgage, month 17 completed and and extra 2 knocked off 🙂MFI3 No.12
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    edited 13 July 2019 at 7:11AM
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance Cath.. they said 3-4 weeks but I wanted 8-9.. I'm 90% hopeful but will definitely phone Monday.

I'm so please we found that place NG , we were sent from a basic estate warehouse to a little place. nearly missed it :D So happy. We will buy all of our flooring now from there. we loved all of their ranges.

I'm glad to start my AL with work joy. a few fabulous people me today. That statement we use, "bringing joy" Well sometimes my work does that :D

sometimes thing are fraught , or plodding... but this evening I felt enriched by a 90yr old who said she would never give up... "walks for miles" .. she tales were heart warming in the 20 minutes I spent with her. My role is expanding and more skills set learned this week...however there is always a human on the receiving end :D :T:T success … So feeling like a well deserves rest is on the cards (errrrmmmm nope ;) bathroom ) overtime next fri and sat just to pay for a few things. But Thankfully AL without too much work worry :D
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Day 3 into bathroom blitz and its going well.... we have a bog (no cistern), a stand pipe and a bucket in the room that was the bathroom :D

urghhh the plumber marched black dirt up and down the stairs (OH didn't stop him) but bathroom was cleared for plasterer to start today. Plasterer was made up with the clearing job :D he has brought his son ( also a plasterer) to help this afternoon.. and he covered the floors :T:T:T

We do need new stair carpets … ours our threadbare ( and now dirty) but I need to have money first. Up to now we have paid £2689... Plumber is £15 and hour, I'm sure he cost more. I'll be thrilled if we come in under £3500 :j:j … We then might afford carpets this side of Christmas

We paid for the flooring today. I was sure the name of the boss of the flooring company was an old work colleagues son... It was :D … she looked exactly the same as she ever has ( she retired about 15 years ago ) not aged a bit.. she had lovely news and also sad news …. the former colleague who died around aged 50 last week her funeral is next Monday.. she just collapsed at home in the bathroom after an on call shift :( .. but nice to here lots of older retired colleagues meet up weekly for a pub quiz :D ( they never win :rotfl:
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    BTW , after reading Cath Ts diary this am, I made banana ice cream with 2 over ripe bananas, sugar , lemon juice and cream we didn't use with strawberries. I've only had a taste but it I delicious … good job I'm joining WW on Thursday :o
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Today I have phoned EE to put OH's phone on SIM only. increased his data and halved his bill :D ( it is all in my name ! )

I have telephoned FD/conveyancing … remortgage completion aiming for 1st August to escape ERC :j:j:j

Asked OH to look for my bike in his jam packed shed.... now the garden is covered in carp and we can't find the bicycle pump.
    but there may be things to sell... like a swimming pool, a tent or 2 .. if I was ever to be bothered
  • shangaijimmy
    shangaijimmy Posts: 3,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The majot problem with house jobs is where you put everything to clear a room! After decorating DS2's room at the weekend we are just now finding space again! But a great opportunity for decluttering the accumulated carp!
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    Our bathroom stuff is on the landing.... however I haven't thought about where to put it once the suite goes in ( well I have and there isn't anywhere :eek: ) ….. clutterfree!!! :rotfl:

Went to see a show last night for my friends birthday, we had a good time.. I paid :o …. it's done now. I had bought the tickets , then both our DDs came, my dd came for a meal too... She bought me a glass of wine in the theatre. She did say she'd go half for the meal, but that didn't seen fair.

OH is hammering away in the bathroom. He is fitting the ply before the lovely new floor tiles :D , shower tray will go in later today, wall tiling will commence in earnest.

Our dog seems calm today. He was jittery and anxious earlier in the week when the plasterers were here. He went off his food and wouldn't walk. Today he must be used to the noise :o

Last week I phoned up about my pension. They have frozen everything (data) until 1st September. They are already 18 months behind on the web site. The local branch said they can only quote if retirement is within 3 years and I had to phone national. National couldn't give me info due to being frozen. My 55 rights stand but I was removed from that pension in 2016 for being too young by 2 years gggrrrrr. which means by 55 I will have 22 in good pension (final salary) and 9 in worse one ( whole of earnings).. they cannot tell me what is in my pension pot. the web site says £900 on the newer one when I pay between £580 and £600 pcm ??? They did tell me to achieve the best pay out I would need to keep FT and working weekends for my final salary pension. So a little bit wiser, (telling me I can't go part time before retirement without further loss, which you can in whole of life ) . I think with level of CC currently and mortgage I'm looking at 57 before retirement to ensure I have a couple of years to save. We will see I suppose , September :D , OH is 11 years older than so I will have to keep nagging him :D
    you can still retire then return PT, but the new policy is only one year contracts.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    I sold a dress on Ebay :j :j

going into the " up for anything fund " no point OPs until new mortgage deal. CC set to just above minimum apart from one to snowball ( hand written spread sheets until next May :D ) . OH payday today , I've snaffled £70 into my current account as its extremely low. All bills covered for the next 4 weeks :D

DD2 should start paying me back her computer money today. That will go into the holiday fund :D

I'm trying to be positive but plumber just caused a leak. But at least he is here now and says he will be until the job is done. Mid next week :eek:

I'm doing OT this afternoon and tomorrow. I have been to boot camp with a friend and I'm a mess. Thank goodness they have showers in work. I did enjoy it though , I will go again next week. I joined WW last night. I've gained half a stone since March holiday. That's still 2 stone I need to lose. I have holidays in September and March to prepare for. I don't want to be a size 18 (top) and 16 bottom at 50. Being 5'2" I can easily look matronly not curvy.
  • Moneyfordreams
    Options
    I'm supposed to go to the gym again today and boot camp tomorrow. I've just dosed my self up with pain killers. After boot camp on Friday I am in so much pain when I move :eek: I don't think I have ever felt this restricted through movement. The exercises weren't even bad, just 3 sets of 45 60 and 75 seconds. Just the squat repetitions I suppose... My legs have always been muscular, rarely sit down type of job, I don't think its anything more serious.. as health professionals we can OVER look :D I'm just a wuss. Work was a challenge as I couldn't reach the floor. Luckily they moved me from my regular OT place to the busiest reducing my need to sit down :rotfl: ( another annoying thing was a daft junior member of staff who has worked his way through several unqualified roles was telling me how impressed he was with me working in the other area. I told him to take a leap ;) There has been a lot of positive reinforcement and praise recently to improve staff retention and I think he feels he needs to pay it forward!! Unfortunately it came across as patronising.

Anyhow bathroom saga continues.... plumber will not be involved in our kitchen planning that's is for sure. OH managed to get him here one evening (Wednesday) and Friday all day. He didn't turn up yesterday and husband stayed up after his night shift to take him for supplies, which then made OH cross. I wasn't told this until after I finished work last night...… I'm both thankful for a happy day, but cross to be excluded . OH has been working extras , I work flipping constant OT, but then this guy's sporadic work ethic ( and not paying bills and boozing ) has just lost him his house.

The positives from this will be plaster will be completely dry :o But tiling needs to started and can't be started until shower tray is fitted. I still don't have a working toilet... only a bucket and a water pipe. He did say it would take 2 weeks, but we want to see more action. We need a bathroom. I gave him a time limit of mid next week. I will see today. But this needs to be finished before my night shifts start next Thursday. The something every day is now turning into a rush.

WW going well, I've completed 3 days :j :j :j …. best I've done since April :D And I've sold a 2nd dress on the bay :D I will post that tomorrow.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback