Faulty Tv

Options
Hi i bought a tv from very in feb and after 2 weeks a fault occured with the remote not working. A replacement remote was sent but still not working. To cut a long story short.. since then i had 2 failed collections by the manufacturer to have the tv repaired, been passed backwards and forwards between the retailer and manufacturer (feel like they were dragging it out) and have requested a replacement/refund from the retailer. the fault was reported straight away but have been told that as i am out of the returns period i am only entitled to a repair.

My question is.. if the fault was reported within this peiod am i still entitled to a refund? I really do not want the repair and just want a tv that works as it should!

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.
Life is like a camera... Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out Take another shot.

Comments

• timmy963
    timmy963 Posts: 122 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    After 30 days you have legally accepted the goods regardless of any problems or bad service and so they can only offer a repair if they want to.

Morally I would say that is the wrong thing to do considering the problems were apparent in just 14 days and you have been given the run around.

Best bet would be to just write a complaint and hope they change their mind or offer a goodwill gesture for the shoddy service.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,650 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 21 April 2018 at 8:44PM
    Options
    There is no concept of "acceptance" in The Consumer Rights Act.

You are entitled to a full refund of all monies paid.

After one attempt at a repair the consumer can refuse further repair attempts and, during the first six months following the sale, can insist on a full refund.

Section 23 of The Consumer Rights Act defines a repair:
    (8) In this Chapter, 'repair' in relation to goods that do not conform to a contract, means making them conform.
    So the seller's first attempt at a repair was to supply a replacement remote control.
    As that repair did not resolve the issue, the consumer can now exercise their final right to reject as described in Section 24 of the CRA.

OP, looks like you are going to have to explain this to Very.
    You may need to remind them that nothing in their Terms and Conditions can overrule or remove your Statutory Rights and any attempt by them to mislead you about your Statutory Rights may even be a criminal offence.
  • tasha999
    tasha999 Posts: 158 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you both i have written a letter of complaint on Thursday, posted and emailed, still to receive a response. Never thought of the replacement remote as a repair, thank you for this Keith. Will mention this to them if they still don't offer the refund.
    Life is like a camera... Focus on what's important, Capture the good times, Develop from the negatives, and if things don't work out Take another shot.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure