Advice on Viagogo purchase

Options
I feel that my son was ripped off, yet I do not know whether it is worth pursuing, as he made the mistake.
My son is 16 (and autistic) and wanted to see the Courteeners (£30). I work shifts and was unavailble to help at 9am when they were released. It was half-term, so I guessed he would manage.
He failed to get a ticket through the main site and clicked on a Viagogo link and ended up getting, in his words “a good price” at £170 for two tickets!
Have I got a leg to stand on by starting the process of asking for a refund? All advice gratefully received.

Comments

• waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    He paid the advertised price. The chances of a refund are nil.
  • cjrach
    cjrach Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Hi, How did you get on, I am in a similar situation this morning, my credit card has told me I have 24hrs cooling off and to request a refund, however the only way to contact them is by email which they will answer when they feel like it.
    Jill
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    If you have bought your tickets online then generally you have no cancellation rights if the seller has upheld their part of the 'contract' (for example, posting the tickets out on time). This means that by law, the seller is not required to give you a full refund if you do decide to cancel.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    The only thing you can really do is not use them again. They are ticket touts pure and simple.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    brookchris wrote: »
    I feel that my son was ripped off, yet I do not know whether it is worth pursuing, as he made the mistake.
    My son is 16 (and autistic) and wanted to see the Courteeners (£30). I work shifts and was unavailble to help at 9am when they were released. It was half-term, so I guessed he would manage.
    He failed to get a ticket through the main site and clicked on a Viagogo link and ended up getting, in his words “a good price” at £170 for two tickets!
    Have I got a leg to stand on by starting the process of asking for a refund? All advice gratefully received.

I know you said your son looked at tickets but always use a site like https://www.twickets.live/catalog/search as they are face value resellers.

Alwayss
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts