Warning re: Halifax Accounts

Options
Check your statements carefully!

They are having problems right now, with some transactions being taken twice according to the lady I spoke too.

I have had a paypal payment of £62 taken twice, even though it's gone through only once on my paypal account.

I spoke to the lady at Halifax who then put me through to some bloke who was useless, telling me it was paypals fault and I had to contact them, he kept ignoring my comments so I hung up on him.

I phoned Paypal, and the investigation will take 10 or so days.

I'm going down the bank tomorrow in person to see if they can help.

Is there anything else I can do?

£62 is a fair bit of money to someone in my financial situation. I can survive for a couple of weeks, but I need the money back very soon.

Comments

• gothicf0rm
    Options
    i had this happen once. paypal blamed the bank, the bank blamed paypal. in my case the sums were 3x 210. ran up bank fees as a result of this. didnt get a penny back. of course it took several weeks to transfer the excess back (420).
  • Miroslav
    Miroslav Posts: 6,193 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gothicf0rm wrote:
    i had this happen once. paypal blamed the bank, the bank blamed paypal. in my case the sums were 3x 210. ran up bank fees as a result of this. didnt get a penny back. of course it took several weeks to transfer the excess back (420).

Well, I've already decided not to use paypal ever again, and if I don't get my money back, I will change banks, whilst bugging both paypal and Halifax all the time for my money
  • Miroslav
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Paypal have now refunded me the £62 :)

It went back int my account yesterday and is showing as of today :)
  • stressedoutmumof1
    Options
    The same thing happened to me (I bank with Intelligent Finance (Halifax owned)).

On 27th Dec I paid £14.98 through paypal, and noticed on my bank statement it had gone out twice, once on the 30th Dec and again on 31st Dec. I contacted Paypal who told me it had only been taken once by them - and to check my history as that would show this. I called the bank who said it was paypal's fault etc etc.

Today it was credited back to my account from the bank, dated yesterday.

I would urge anyone to double check
    Squares knitted for my throw ~ 90 (yes!!! I have finally finished it :rotfl: )
    Squares made for my patchwork quilt ~ 80 (only the "actual" quilting to do now :rotfl:)
  • JoseChungsDoomsday
    Options
    It isnt the halifaxs vault. All these payments go through visa international, it is a glitch with them that caused the double payment.
    :santa2:
  • Miroslav
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The same thing happened to me (I bank with Intelligent Finance (Halifax owned)).

On 27th Dec I paid £14.98 through paypal, and noticed on my bank statement it had gone out twice, once on the 30th Dec and again on 31st Dec. I contacted Paypal who told me it had only been taken once by them - and to check my history as that would show this. I called the bank who said it was paypal's fault etc etc.

Today it was credited back to my account from the bank, dated yesterday.

I would urge anyone to double check

Exactly the same dates as me, paid 27th, taken twice from my account 30th/31st, refunded yesterday.

The lady at Halifax said they had been having troubles with double debits
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport