Bored at the weekends

Options
Hi peeps
Im living in Oxfordshire with my hubby and 2year old I do have a good life and alot to be thankful for.
However I feel really lonely and bored at weekends.
Im from Ireland originally with great friends and family and my social life was brilliant at weekends . Simple things like going to a friends for a take away on Saturday night and all the kids playing together . I really miss that.
Im very busy during the week and its very enjoyable going to all the playgroups with my son. We know lots of mums and meet regular but the weekend hits and its just nothing. Really love my hubby and my son but want more for all us .
My solution is to buy a caravan and tour it round England staying at various parks , lots of activities for us as a family , meeting new people !
Never done it before but could be a solution to our boring weekends.

Comments

• z1a
    z1a Posts: 2,522 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok .
  • mgdavid
    mgdavid Posts: 6,705 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    How about the internet? You could register for a few forums and explain your problem and see what advice you get?
    Oh, wait.....
    ;)
    The questions that get the best answers are the questions that give most detail....
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You use the caravan a handful of times and you get bored of it and it will sit there until its sold.
  • suki1964
    suki1964 Posts: 14,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    DCFC79 wrote: »
    You use the caravan a handful of times and you get bored of it and it will sit there until its sold.

I have to agree

OP, I the other side of the coin, moved from London to Ireland and I also found it boring so got the caravan, grabbed the grandchild - and it was still boring :rotfl:

And expensive, sites at the weekends, if they have space ( most are booked months, if not a year in advance) really wack up the nightly rate

You need to make real friends, friends that are yours, not just other mummies. Once you do that your social life will pick up again
  • gazapc
    gazapc Posts: 257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Perhaps hire a caravan before you buy one? Tenting would be another cheaper option. Being in central England puts you in a very good place to get to many destinations for a weekend.

Sounds like you perhaps need local weekend activities to meet new people though. Even if you go away 10 weekends per year that still leaves a lot of weekends!
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    See about meet up groups in the area. Plus as the kid grows up there will be kids parties etc
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • greenface
    greenface Posts: 4,871 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    See what the other people at playgroup do. you already have a common interest (your kids ) I used to be a little opposite when my 2 were young . I played sport at a high level and weekend was taken up with playing and the "social" (drinking) aspect filled the weekend , when I wasn't playing /drinking I was sleeping . I couldn't go on forever and I was missing my kids growing up because work meant I didn't see much mon to fri either . I retired from my sport aged 30 completely and HAD to buy a caravan for us to get away (otherwise I would end up back at the ground doing something ) best decision ever . toured weekends . Kids made "best friends " within half hour and more "best friends " the following week . You can pick your direction to disappear and base it on the age and wants of your family . done this for about 15 years . both myself and children now older and have a static in our favourite place we used to tour . Take our grandchild there now and have a more relaxed lifestyle . It worked for us & the kids now almost 30 have fond memories of a muddy field /tree and sand pit with their "best friends " whose name they've long forgotten ,
    :cool: hard as nails on the internet . wimp in the real world :cool:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport