Halifax Credit card repayment that didn't pay out

Options
Right I have had a Halifax credit card since my student years, and yes I did the work thing in getting the repayment protection cover, then when i was working when I left University I got a job but it was in Germany, a number of months later the company went under, so I tried to get the repayment protection cover to help me, hehe, they said because i wasn't paying my national insurance stamp, because i was working in a different EU country it didn't count as working, so the repayment cover couldn't be started so at the time I told the HBOS credit card to cancel the repayment protection cover.

a week or two later I started to try and reclaim the actual cover that I have been paying for the past 5 years, i wrote to them and their reply was, that they would give me the information on how much I have paid for a fee of £10.

So I just want advice on what line i should go down now with them, and help will be appreciated

Comments

• di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    jjthorne wrote: »
    Right I have had a Halifax credit card since my student years, and yes I did the work thing in getting the repayment protection cover, then when i was working when I left University I got a job but it was in Germany, a number of months later the company went under, so I tried to get the repayment protection cover to help me, hehe, they said because i wasn't paying my national insurance stamp, because i was working in a different EU country it didn't count as working, so the repayment cover couldn't be started so at the time I told the HBOS credit card to cancel the repayment protection cover.

a week or two later I started to try and reclaim the actual cover that I have been paying for the past 5 years, i wrote to them and their reply was, that they would give me the information on how much I have paid for a fee of £10.

So I just want advice on what line i should go down now with them, and help will be appreciated

Hi there

So you have tried reclaiming on this and they have not given you any sort of response on this, so they are now asking for you to request for the information on your account to send you which occurs a £10 charge for this.

For the SAR letter template here is the link with details here:
    http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1475553

It seems to me they are stalling this, so if this is the case and they have not resolved this for you by 8 weeks, you are entitled to take your complaint to the Financial ombudsman service (FOS).
    http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/consumer/complaints.htm

Good luck and please correct me if I have read into this incorrectly.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport